Annual Fee Option for Hosts

Annual Fee Option for Hosts

Every other booking service has an option for the host to pay one annual fee, to replace the fees for guests + hosts. The benefits ... for the guest: no service fees ... for Airbnb: guaranteed income up front ... for the host: lower annual costs.  

3 Comments
Jacquie2
Level 2

I believe the Airbnb fee to hosts just covers the credit card fees - All other companies charge around the same rate including pay pal, so 3% does not bother me at all.

Peter137
Level 2

Currently, the guest pays 5-13% + the host pays 3%. So, if you have 10 bookings per year at $1000 USD each, Airbnb collects about $1500 in fees per year off your listing. My suggestion is to have two options. Option 1: Current fee structure (best for occasional hosts). Option 2: One annual flat fee for hosts, say $500 (best for active hosts).  This annual fee would replace both the service fees that the guest sees + the service fees that the host sees on the receiving end. VRBO + every other booking service offers the option an annual fee for hosts. 

Jóna1
Level 2

HomeAway had annual flat fee for hosts until May 2017 if I remember correctly.  I have two months left of my annual fee and then I have to accept the guest+host fee. Personally I prefer annual flat fee but it's not an option.