Another Anti-Host step regarding Ratings and Reviews by Airbnb

Another Anti-Host step regarding Ratings and Reviews by Airbnb

IMG_3965.JPGRecently a guest wrote a positive review for me but gave a bad rating. I got in touch with him to ask about what didn't work well and he mentioned that he by mistake gave a lower rating and wanted to fix it.

It was possible in the past for Airbnb to contact guests and allow them to edit reviews or change rating if such a mistake happened due to human error but not anymore. So caution your guests to be careful while submitting their reviews.

This another anti-host step by Airbnb just like the non chronological review order. It's sad that this is happening often.

I hope Airbnb fixes this soon as such policies impact us negatively.

4 Comments

"Many people abused them"? Does this mean many AirBnb staff made changes, at the request of hosts. Is that a bad thing if there is a documented trail from the guest saying they made a mistake? Why would a business want mistakes on their website. It doesn't sense. 

Jeet0
Level 10

Agree @Dennis-And-Gwen0, I'm going to respond to the email with these questions to see what is their take on this. 

Iakovos2
Level 2

GUYS AIRBNB SUCKS WITH HOSTS !! THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT GETTING WHAT IS THEIRS AND AFTER THAT NO COMUNICATION AT ALL !!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Zed0
Level 4

I don't understand why the number of stars we give is not shown on the guest's review!?  Why have the stars there then?
If hosts find it hard to make comments about some bad things then the stars would help other hosts at least get an idea, i.e. if the guest was a poor communicator or not very clean, they could see this by the number of stars rather than personal criticism.
Airbnb, please make the star ratings visible!!