Automated messages

Wei-and-Ting0
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Automated messages

I find myself always sending out the same messages over and over. Now the relatively new 'saved messages' is great, but it would be nice if some of it could be automated, so the relevant information can be dished out at the appropriate time:

1. Booking Confirmation: straight after a booking is made, it would be nice to send a confirmation message to say thank you for picking us, along with address and travel tips.

2. Check-in Reminder: 24 or 48 hour before check-in, a message about check-in time and how to obtain keys.

3. Arrival message: on the day of arrival at check-in time, send a welcome message with house menual, rules reminder, wifi password etc. 

4. Check-out reminder: the evening before check-out (say 18 hours before your typical 10~11am check-out time), a reminder of the check-out time, how to return key, and good bye have a nice trip etc.

22 Replies 22
Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

I,too, send out these four messages on a similar timetable. It's nice to be able to use a saved response, but it would be even nicer to have the message send out automatically.

great idea, @Wei-and-Ting0!

Marilyn12
Level 2
Ramsey, United Kingdom

Totally agree.

Marilyn

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

A little impersonal maybe? I send nearly the same message to guests, but usually it needs tweaking to suit the different situations.

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

I understand the reasons for this suggestion, but I agree with Sandra. First, I always personalize each message with the guest's name and/or some little bit of personal cutomization. I also find that in a large number of cases, there are circumstances that require me to tweak or augment my boilerplate messages.

I do think a standard set of canned reminders could be useful, but hosts should have the option of opting IN, not opting out.

Helen56
Level 10
San Diego, CA

I have saved messages for various situations - directions, welcome, parking, etc, but I change them slightly for each guest as the previous people said.  

If this idea is implemented it should be an option, not forced on us.

Linda152
Level 1
Charlotte, NC

I'd just like it if my saved messages would sync between the web site version and the mobile app!! Please fix the app so my saved messages stop being deleted! (Separate issue)

Vanessa16
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Yes the ability to save custom messages that retain the peronsailty of the host but can be automatically sent would make communication more efficient. Another Idea would to also include attributes in the messages which would be automatically filed. An example would be: Hello {guest name} We are very much looking forward to hosting {"you" or "your family"} etc.
Sean55
Level 1
West Orange, NJ

Isn't there an automatic welcome message? How do I set it?

Mario101
Level 1
Montalcino, Italy

I too would love to set up  an automatic welcome messages, is this possible?

Mandy25
Level 1
Denver, CO

Can you access saved messages from the mobile app?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------