Better/More Analytics

Better/More Analytics

As hosts, we really do need better analytics. Please please add features such as:

- # of views or clicks on the listing per date/month (more improved/accurate)

- # of views for different dates/months

- demographics i.e where people are booking from (location/city)

- how are people finding us (Google search? Airbnb directly? other?)

- price ranges people are searching for

- analytics for our city/neighbourhood

- occupancy rates for each listing

- occupancy rates in the neighbourhood? per month?

- occupancy rate for same time/period/season last year?

- avg rate for same time/date last year?

- similar listings people are also viewing (for example, Amazon does this). It will help us compare to our competition?

I'm sure there are many other analytics we could use. These are just a few I can think of. It will help us improve how we price, make future predictions, and understand our listings potential.

Thank you so much!

7 Comments
Jeffrey45
Level 2

Hey @Cristina-And-Daniel0,

I came on here looking for the same thing.  Airbnb used to give us our views by search date but took it away a few months ago.  It was a very popular feature and from reading a whole bunch of post in this community forum nobody is happy about it.  I really hope they consider on bringing it back!

Cormac0
Level 10

Hi C&D

I make a similar suggestion only a week ago and I only got one thumps up and then I was archived!

I'm beginning to suspect that the only people allowed to view these metrics are Airbnb themselves and one would want to be very naive to think they don’t

To achieve maximum return its essential that those interested should have access to this critical data otherwise we are running blind.

So, I support and applaud you for taking up the gantlet

Birgit0
Level 3

There is a new company, AirDNA, who puts together a lot of these analytics.  Some of it is free. A full report costs $ 30, if I remember correctly.

Cormac0
Level 10

@Birgit0 Thank you, I going to check them out on google

Cormac0
Level 10

@Birgit0

I had a look at Airdna and its essentially what I’m looking for, although Airbnb proper could give this information to us as they are accumulating it in the first place and should be able to give allot more granulation around my listing.

So Thanks again Birgit

Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello @Lizzie

why was this "archived"?

ty