Block / Blacklist People

Block / Blacklist People

First off I am very happy to see there's now an official place for host feedback and featuer suggestions.

I have voiced this concern before and I will say it here again. Hosts need a safe way to block people from contacting them or booking their listings if they have instant book turned on. I have this guest who i have hosted before and do not wish to host again, but now he keeps on booking my listing even though i have already cancelled him and told him i don't want to host him. Already contacted airbnb but if he keeps on booking I might be forced to turn off instant booking. 

49 Comments
Jude7
Level 10

Although I don't use IB and wouldn't want to, having an ability to block certain individuals from IB would be a great feature!

Jude

Andrea9
Level 10
Good idea, this issue has come up repeatedly on Community too, so seems to happen more often than one would think.

We definitely need this feature! There are guests I really wouldn't want to have again...

I had this German woman not long ago: asked to check-in early and check-out late, wanted more coffee capsules (I offer a couple of them, plus tea, suger, etc... as a welcome, but tell them if they need more they can buy them around the corner!), wanted a change of towels (she stayed 3 days!). And ended up by giving me one of the worst ratings ever! Definitely would blacklist her, especially as she said she'd be "delighted to come back!".

Chantal6
Level 5

yes, we should be able to block some guests. I had a group who left after 30 minutes, and then wrote a scathing review full of lies. I was told they were paid to write a bad review to discredit us; I told Airbnb about them  so they could protect other hosts, but never got a response. Instead I lost my super host status because of that review!

Katka0
Level 4

I agree! I had an inquiry last week of a very unpleasant guest who wanted to pay in cash, kept asking for discounts, the inquiry was for 2 guests, but he kept mentioning that it will be 4 guests - to sum up, very strange user, I felt very uncomfortable with him... I decided to decline the inquiry, but the guests kept bothering me. I reported him to AirBnb, but the next day another very similar inquiry arrived, I asked if it was a friend of the guy who´s inquiry I declined and he said yes and became really vulgar to me. I was really worried that they might noticed that I have instant booking on and thus I blocked some dates in the calendar to prevent them from booking, but this also means using business. So - WE REALLY NEED A FEATURE WHICH WOULD ALLOW US TO BLOCK USERS INSTANTLY.

Dana38
Level 1

I couldn't agree more! I just hosted a young man and his friends, and I would not want to host them again. They had terrible communication, complained about everything, andI personally believe he with the intention of finding things wrong to get out of paying. He
even went through my drawers and took pictures and sent them to me in the middle of the night!

Katka0
Level 4

I have just posted the idea of "guest review score" in the host voice, which is connected to what we have been discussing above: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/Guest-review-score-part-of-the-guest-profile/idi-p/192227...

I would be interested to hear your opinion on that idea (pls use the link above to post your comments in the thread there)

Thanks! K.

Andrea9
Level 10
Hi Katka, I didn't comment on your post but did give a thumbs up 🙂
Steve103
Level 9

Yes please. And please incorporate message dusting into the block. As in block a person and our messages to that person perish. 

Wynand0
Level 1
As a host one knows if the person is using the room unappropriately. I certainly want the ability to block a person that I know using the room to entertain his "lady friends". I've realised it is especially the local people that using my room as a whore house and certainly want the ability to stop these people. I've spend lots of money to bring the house in a good state and don't want to get it destroyed with a bad name.