Booking Module

0 Likes

Booking Module

This is a fairly major, but vital, interface suggestions.

The interface needs a menu item, "Booking"

Right now we only have the Inbox per Guest. It is inadequate for the variety of situations we meet as Hosts. For example, let's say a guest wants to book two separate trips. The Inbox does not support this. Many other situations exist that are not served by transactions by Inbox. Better that communications be by transaction.

So right now all bookings must cram into an Inbox exchange. Far better that communications be by booking. The booking module could follow the trip throught the pipeline - Inquiry --> Accept/Special Offer/Decline --> Pre check In --> Check In --> Check Out -- Post Check Out and Review

--

Keith

6 Comments
Keith1
Level 10

How would this differ from the reservations screen:
https://www.airbnb.com/my_reservations

I agree it would be nice to separate messages by "type" as well as by person so we could just focus on the current or upcoming reservations without sifting through long and/or individual message threads.

I also don't like that the phone number is on the message thread but not the booking confirmation... seems anything related to the guests booking should all be on one screen.

Keith0
Level 9

Hi K2

The my_reservations page is a step in the right direction.

1. You can't really take any actions on the page - can't send message, offers, accept or decline or changes.

2. It only applies to booked reservations. What I envision (without knowing squat about interface design)  is the entire pipeline that a booking goes through. 

3. so, just as you'd like all data related to a reservation to be on the reservation page, all data related to an inquiry should be on the inquiry stage of the overall pipeline.

Hope this makes sense,

K1

Helga0
Level 10

I like the feature that messages stay attached to a guest. I get repeat guests and when they re-book, the old messages are there, above the new booking. That helps remember the person. 

I do more and more on the phone and the app is quite practical : I use the list of bookings at the start screen to communicate with the guests. Click on a reservation and it pops up. Slight problem here: in the forums I realised that many people do not pull the screen down to see the tab-titles calendar, profile, discussion. 

To me, it was an instinctive movement, but if you are not a gamer, pulling things around a screen, you may not find it. 

is quite practical 

Helga0
Level 10

Posting from the iphone, I found a bug: if the comment is longer than the screen, you cannot click in the part deeper than a normal screen size, even if you see it. 

Editing something in my text, I could not return to the end and not delete the overhanging part.  

Or better: as soon as you click outside, you can't click into the last line.

No luck, not no lick, but impossible to correct the last word.

(I tried by creating empty lines, but no lick)

Keith0
Level 9

@Helga0

not sure if this thread is monitored for bug reports.

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived