Airbnb guests count for 1 week only 55 EUR, this is my price of renting 1 night

Mojca0
Level 2
Tolmin, Slovenia

Airbnb guests count for 1 week only 55 EUR, this is my price of renting 1 night

Hello, a few days ago, I gave my 2 Apartments on Airbnb. On the calendar are exactly visible prices for June 39 EUR / day, July & August 50 EUR - 55 EUR / day. I made Instant Booking and next day already got 3 booking confirmations. I was not wary, of how much money I'll get. Today, one of the guest, who had already  payed  for 1 week, asked me,how much costs rent for 1 week. It was strange, because they had already paid! I looked at e-mails that I received from Airbnb and almost had a HEART ATTACK!!!. Guests /2 persons/ were FULL paid for 7 nights in my 65 m2 Apartment 55 EUR, this is my  price for 1 night, next guest had paid for 9 days 70 eur, the third guest had paid for 1 week, 55 EUR. Is this normal? In Slovenia, the cheapest hostel costs 17 EUR / person / night & you are sharing the bedroom and the bathroom !!!! Of course, I immediately canceled the guest, who should come in a few days & wrote abouth this situation to the others two, that I talk with, Airbnb staff to clear up the situation !!! Could you advise me what to do?

Thank you. Sincerely Mojca

6 Replies 6
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I looked at your listing and saw you had no availability so I could not check your pricing.

You set the prices, did you have 'smart pricing turned one?

David

Hi David, I immediately blocked the availability, in order not to receive any book, because I have made instant booking! "Smart prices turn on", no I did not, because I saw, that are that prices lower than those of my.  Maybe 40 % lower, but 8 EUR/night? But, I did not have on this position. Do you maybe now, if it's only contact with Airbnb staff phone call. My english is not so well & for me is easier to have conversation via e-mail!Thank you! Regards Mojca B.

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi,

Without being able to check your prices due to lack of availability, the only other reason this would happen if not smart pricing as suggested by @ ,,,, is due to your price setting. Using the path below, have a look to see if you have set specific prices for certain weeks

• Host (house icon)
  • Manage Listing (click one of your listings, it will open the default calendar page)
  • Price Setting (top right hand corner, click for dropdown menu)
  • Long- term discounts (scroll to bottom of this section)
  • ‘You can also set a custom price for a specific week or month (click on the week and month which is highlighted in re; here you will see any specific weekly or monthly pricing)

If you find that it is none of the two reason mentioned above, then I would suggest you contact Airbnb and discuss the situation with them. DO NOT cancel any more bookings as you will automatically get penalised; once you have spoken to Airbnb let them cancel the bookings. Also after speak with them, you will be in a better position to go back to the guests will an explanation; just telling the guest there is a fault and cancelling will also leave them confused and worried. Airbnb will also be able to contact the guest to explain/ assist with looking for alternative accommodation.

The link here provides contact options – Contact Airbnb

Hope you get it sorted soon.

BW, Ama

Hi Ama,thanks for the detailed response. Yes, I had in my mint ,too, to contact them tomorrow.

Thanks Mojca

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You are most welcome Mojca, hope it gets sorted soon so you can get on with acutal bookings at your chosen price.

Ama 

Hola Mojca, 

Soy Marta González, me lees??