Calendar Flexibility

Christine591
Level 4
Kritsa, Greece

Calendar Flexibility

Hi, we have a house in Crete which we have been hosting for just over a year.  We have many guest's that stay from 2-5 nights (as well as those who book for longer periods of time) as they are touring the Island and some book once they have arrived and are staying in another area on the Island.

We feel that it would be a good idea to have a flexability button for + or - 3 nights when searching for a property like the ones on airline company sites.  This is because if a property is booked for just one night of the requested dates, it will not appear for the remaining dates that it is available for their stay.  We have found a lot of our guest's are very flexible on the dates they stay and at present a property will only show if dates are not sellected.  We know that at present guest's can check the availability of a property if no dates are selected but I am sure that we are not the only host's who feel this would be a valuable asset to host's on the Airbnb site.

Kind regards Christine.

3 Replies 3
Paul-and-Peggy0
Level 2
Edmonton, Canada

I AGREE WITH CHRISTINE.  THERE NEEDS TO BE SOMETHING SO PEOPLE CAN BE FLEXIBLE & FIND THE DATES THEY NEED OR WANT AT A BNB THEY WANT TO STAY AT.  THE PLUS OR MINUS 2-3 DAYS WOULD BE A VERY VALUABLE ASSET TO THE MANY HOSTS ON THE AIRBNB SITE & THE GUESTS ALSO.  I HAVE USED THIS PLUS OR MINUS MANY TIMES FOR MAKING AIRLINE RESERVATIONS.  

THANK YOU.

PAUL & PEG

Karen440
Level 2
Boise, ID

I sent my frustration to Airbnb on their feed back page and never heard anything back. I have a cabin in near Yellowstone National Park and the "season" is between the end of May to the first of Oct. This is a very high demand time for our calendar and I do not have my setting on Autobook as it would allow for too many unrentable holes. I suggested an interactive calendar which would not allow a guest to book if their booking created and unrentable spot (my settings are for 3 night minimum - very common among other rentals in our area.) And if there is a two night spot, you should be able to designate it as so, so that the guest could see that and request to book. The movie theaters have something similar when picking seats online - I would think it should be a setting option that would help us in high demand areas manage their calendars more effieciently without creating unrentable holes.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Agreed with @Christine591's suggestion to add 2-3 day flexibility in the search option - will help fill vacant.

@Paul-and-Peggy0: not sure such a setting is possible - possibly admins would have to tinker with it - "if the night before and after any 2-day spot is booked, ignore/overwrite the rule of a minimum stay of 3 days." Is that so?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"