Calendar hover price

Calendar hover price

The calendar used to have a hover price until recently. It is a useful tool for listings such as mine where I drop the price on shorter notice nights, one night strays etc. Guests staying with me don't always have a preferred date, they will adjust their travel dates to suit my vacancies. But when the hover price is missing, why do I bother tempting with lower prices on selected nights in order to help bring my calendar to full capacity?

Please, bring the hover prices back.

4 Comments
Sylvie180
Level 2

Exactly Sandra!

I just hate that change. Can AIRBNB explain the logic behind hiding Hover Prices??

1. HOW do the Guest see you dropped the price for short notice and it's irresitabley low?

2. Many AIRBNB travelers book driven by price, and that is how I travel too as I have a flexible schedule. Impossible to do now- it takes me HOURS to compare accomodations as I you have to enter an entire trip into a calendar every time to get a total $. Ridiculous. 

3. As a Host I stay competitive to see the detaild daily prices set by other Hosts. I'm suddenly NOT able to do it and actually i saw that in my bookings that dropped by about 40% i would say, and I had been booked solid for the past 1.5 years.

4. As I am not able to stay competitive (takes me just to long to comp shop and compare prices) I decided to BLOCK my house and I've rented it out for long term local people.

I would say  AIRBNB LOST about $700 in Fees from me since November when I blocked my house from bookings.

Doesnt sound like they care.

5. I emailed and called numerous times with no real explanation given.

VERY dissapointing.  

Emiel1
Level 10

As far as i can recall "hover price" suddenly stops appearing about a month ago, without any notice.

It was a very usefull feature on listings, so I am curious for which reason Airbnb ended it.

Sylvie180
Level 2

They stopped about 3 months ago, as I talked to them on the phone/email about that.

Pilar1
Level 10

Hi Sylvie

Did they give a reason why they stopped it? 

I also found this feature very useful and would like it back but I doubt it will ever happen.

Thanks in advance

Pilar