Calendar syncing should show check-in and check-out times instead of whole days

Calendar syncing should show check-in and check-out times instead of whole days

since I (and my wife) coordinate all our events though different google calendars, there's some confusion: There's no entry on the day of departure, and it happens to be at the start of the week it's impossible to see if there is still a guest or not.

And since I have fixed check-in times (meaning it's in your database) it should be quite easy to sync exactly that period with google, isn't it?

4 Comments
Cormac0
Level 10

@Michele4

Great Idea

Regards

Cormac

ECK III

Michele4
Level 9

Am I the only one using online calendars??

Michele4
Level 9

Hmm, when exporting single events it marks the appropriate time range. All I want to know is if it's possible to apply the same behaviour when synchronizing the whole calendar?

Thanks for reading this.

Larisa4
Level 9

I came to make a similar suggestion, but mine has a bit simpler solution which would address your problem as well.

First to give context for the problem I encounter:  VRBO exports calendar events using the morning of the check-out day, so the convention is different between the two booking sites. Twice I have scheduled the housekeeper a day early because I didn't take note that it was an AirBnb reservation vs. a VRBO one. 

Sure I could be on the VRBO forum suggesting they change, but really it's beneficial to err on the side of assuming a later check-out so that guests aren't inconvenienced with a housekeeper or owner showing up unexpectedly.

When I see two reservations overlapping a day, it's clear to me that it is the turnover day. When two are butted up against each other on adjacent days, I have to think about whether it's an AirBnb reservation or a VRBO one.

The suggestion I have is to simply choose an arbitrary check-out time like VRBO does (they use 7 am). No need to write a bunch of code looking into owner settings. When Google calendar displays an event that lasts over 24 hours it doesn't graphically represent the time anyway.

This simple change would make it better for guests to not be bothered, and would be less hassle for hosts, too!