Pricing scheme- price seen by guest is way lower than both my base price and minimum price

Clare48
Level 1
Pasig, Philippines

Pricing scheme- price seen by guest is way lower than both my base price and minimum price

Hey guys!

I've had 2 inquiries for the past few days for my entire place stating that they booked my place for $11/night. The problem is my nightly rate is set-up at $36/night! Both my base and minimum prices are $36. Smart pricing is also off. I've also set weekly discounts to only 10%. I'm quite confused as to how this came about.

Anyone that has had similar problems?

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Clare48  Not sure this a "scheme" but it does sound like a system glitch so it is best to contact Air BNB right away.  If you don't know how to do that, see the community guide on this site for help.

Oh, found a way to contact them via Twitter... but they're taking so long 😞 Hope this is really a glitch!

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Clare48you said "they stated" they had booked at a much lower price. Have you checked to make sure you have a confirmed booking and what the amount is? If not they might be trying to scam you. If you do have a confirmed booking and it is at a much lower rate, then as @Linda108 says, it could be a system glitch. But first, make sure you do actually have a booking sahowing as "Accepted" which means they've paid.

Oh, wrong choice of words on my part. I meant to say that the panel on the left hand side showing the details of their booking shows that...so their booking isn't confirmed yet. I feel embarrased when I explain about the price difference to the guests that are trying to book my place.

However, I'm quite glad I don't allow instant bookings, else I may have to shoulder the cancellation charges or let them stay at my place at a hostel rate.

Btw, thanks so much @Victoria57 and @Linda108 !