Chronological order of reviews

Chronological order of reviews

Please Airbnb list the reviews in the order that they come in. Many of my latest ones are from international guests and are dumped back to September 2017.  It's imperative that guests can see your latest performance and appraisal. It's also so rude to the guest who took the trouble to write you an amazing review, nobody will even see it!!!

5 Comments
Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10

Agree. Probably the dumbest thing on the Airbnb platform. We had a couple from Canada and another from Puerto Rico about a month ago and their reviews are on page 10.

We feel very stronly about this as well. My understanding is that the come up on order of Country, but WE ALSO FEEL they should be in the order they are given/received. Very Frustrating

Heather & John Noosa Heads, Australia.

Mike340
Level 10

@Cindy237

I totally agree.This is indeed the DUMBEST idea I have EVER seen and truly INSULTING. To promote no discrimination and then shove guests review way down the page because they maybe foreign travellers is very,very poor. Everyone's review comments are as relevant as the next person regardless of what language they choose to write in or where they live.

Sandra126
Level 10

Not the first time this is brought to Host Voice. I think I understand WHY it has been changed, but disagree. If it needs to be like this, at least have a sorting option so guests can choose RECENT REVIEWS if that is their preferred option.

It is interesting that in this new way of displaying reviews, Airbnb assumes that all guests from Vietnam will be MORE interested in reading other people from Vietnam's reviews than from the rest of the world. Or people from Norway, or America or wherever. So does this mean that an American, for instance, will not trust a review written by someone from Switzerland or Egypt? Instead, they prefer to read an out-of-date review written by someone from their region?

Or am I wrong here?

Jane-and-James0
Level 2

Completely Agree, our last 23 guests were not Canadian so their reviews are not showing up, so rediculous.  Or at lease put a button so you can sort to most recent.