Cleaning Fee easier Payout Method

Amanda-and-Kate0
Level 3
Menlo Park, CA

Cleaning Fee easier Payout Method

The accounting side of cleaning fees is very messy! Ideally, I want it to work like this:

Nightly Rate * #Nights

-Host Fee

-Cleaning Fee

= Net Revenue shared between property manager and owner

Then cleaning paid out to cleaners directly.  {Alternatively- payout to co-host and co-host pays cleaners... but maybe there is a more direct way}.

I don't want to mark up cleaning, because I want to keep guest fees low... By taking it off the top, this is best for the guests! Also if I give guests a discount, I don't want it bundled w/ cleaning fee. I want to keep it separate. Otherwise, I personally have to pay for the cleaning which doesn't incourage me to make special offers for the guests because I end up losing money 😞

Right now it's a super big nightmare to manage 😞  Using co-hosting, I can make Cleaning Fees go to me and remit payment to the cleaner, but it only lets cleaning go out from one person's account. Also - preparing 1099's for cleaners is a headache each tax time - ACKK!! {Banging head against the wall!!}  Happy to share more w/ product team, but I promise, these updates would be great for Pro Hosts and even better for GUESTS!!

Amanda

0 Replies 0