Community Centre Points

Community Centre Points

It would be great if hosts received some sort of reward for helping others on the community centre.  For example a boost in lisitng visibility, a travel voucher after a certain amount of helpful posts, featured replies or thumbs up, priority assistance on the phone - something.  Even a new business listing gets a travel voucher.  The parameters could be 1,000 thumbs up for a $50 travel voucher.  At least it is some acknowledgement for the assistance given - a token gesture of sorts. 

Over the last year a number of really great contributors have disappeared.  Perhaps some incentive to keep them coming back would create a more robust community and a bigger selection of seasoned hosts on hand to help AirBnB with their customer support.  Andrea and Sandra and Rachel, for example, were amoung the best contributors and they are no longer on the forum. 

Creating community help guides should have higher points than a thumbs up for example.  Some hosts really go above and beyond helping others and it would be nice to see them recognised for this.  I am in awe of Dave and Deb who have created and updated so many help guides and many other hosts who regularly give their time to help others - Linda is the clear front runner in this.

A reward system for hosts would help retain some of the best contributors.  Host might set aside some time to contribute if they knew that it would boost their position in the search rankings (for example) and this would be better for the community all around.

I am not a top contributor by any means but feeling nostagic for a post from some of the old crowd I suppose, Lisa