Conditional Availability

Conditional Availability

We rent a room in a shared apartment on Airbnb. We often have the problem that we're away on the weekend and do not want to accept guests that arrive then. If the guest arrives earlier it's no problem. So an option to block dates for check-in and / or check-out would be fantastic.

12 Comments
Anonymous

@Jan384 That feature already exists; take a closer look at your calendar's availability settings.

Jan384
Level 3

Hi Andrew

Could you elaborate? I checked the page but I can't quite see how I should manage it...

E.g. We're away 3 days from Friday to Sunday one week. How can I set it so that no guest can check-in on those specific 3 days?

(I see that I can say that every saturday is not check-in day, but we only have certain days where we are not around).

Edit: Ohhhhh, I just saw that I can select "Specific Dates" and then set it :). Wow, I'm amazed, I thought I was quite handy with Airbnb features! Guess not 🙂

Anonymous

Follow this path in Calendar settings: 

Availability >

Check-in and Check-out >

Check-in not allowed >

"Specify dates when guests can't check in"

(not sure if this works on the app but it's perfectly fine in the Desktop version)

Jan384
Level 3

Thanks Andrew

That was very helpful.

Louise231
Level 10

@AnonymousThat only works if you want to regularly stop people checking in on that day though right?

Ie never do check in on Sunday, every sunday.

But it doesn't work if say, you're going away one weekend and just want to block of 2 specific days but you don't mind somone staying if they are already in?

If you know a away to do that let me know, it's been somthing i've been after for a while!

Louise231
Level 10

I would REALLY like to be able to just select a date on the calender and click- No Check In - for individual days.

Atm if i'm going to dinner/ a concert ect i have to block the date so that i can be sure it won't clash with a check-in some time in the evening, but if someone was checked in the day before an staying for two days, no problems at all.

Louise231
Level 10

UPDATE-

I've found it, it's really confusing but you can do it :

Availability > Trip Length > scroll down 'Add a custom rule for season or specific dates' > select dates> select check in date

So basically you can select very niche dates, and pick where they can't check in.

Little bit of a faff, but looks like it would work.

Sara815
Level 2

Yep, it's very hidden and also a bit complicated to figure out how exactly to set stuff so that it does what you want it too (I'm still not sure I set it correctly). I would still appreciate if the feature were more user friendly by having the option to set no check in on this date directly in the calendar view .. 

Jan384
Level 3

Awesome, thanks Louise and Andrew for your help!

Larisa4
Level 9

I like the idea of improving the usability by having that selection when clicking on the individual days in the calendar. The pop-up should not only have "Block" and "Available", but also "No Check-in" (they could be mutually exclusive, because "No Check-in" is irrelevant for "Block" so it implies "Available".) Or it could be a sub-option on "Available" that becomes active when it is selected. The latter is probably more clear.