Contacting AirBnB

Contacting AirBnB

There should be links on the community pages, on the listing pages, on every page of the web site, that lead to a page that shows the multiple ways to contact AirBnB.

AirBnB must make it easy to contact them!

Mike

Response from Airbnb

Making sure you have the tools to reach Airbnb when you need to is important to us. We’ve just introduced a new feature that will help hosts and guests reach our Customer Experience team during and 48 hours on either side of a trip. We’re also piloting a new way for you to connect quickly with Airbnb beyond just phone and email. Learn more about how we’re making it easier to find our phone number and additional contact information.

14 Comments
Andrea9
Level 10
For a website that uses Trust&Safety as a motto because guests and hosts are so important to them, finding the contact nos. is like going on a scavenger hunt without the fun.
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10

They don't want to make it easy!   There is not enough support staff for all the potential queries.  It's much easier to frustrate people and have them give up, or even worse have them come to the forum for guest/reservation specific help where a*&holes like me reply sarcastically.

David74
Level 2

I need to contact Airbnb about a review by a person that did not stay at my property after checking it out but gave no reason.

If I can not contact a real live person to have the review that I can not even see deleted before the 14 day period I will have no option but delete my listing on Airbnb hey there is always VRBO and booking.com that gives me way more guests than Airbnb.

David Hawke

Mike77
Level 10

David, I hope you're joking.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

Linda108
Level 10

I agree that navigation for contacting Air BNB and getting started could be better.  Also the navigation of the community discussions could be streamlined as well.

Mike77
Level 10

If you agree that there should be much easier ways to contact AirBnB give this topic a thumb up.

Mike

Fairlight0
Level 1

Look, Airbnb. I play the game. I read the rules. I follow directions- you've made it really easy, and that's great. But you've made a mistake, that makes me look bad as host, and I cannot fix it myself, and I cannot contact you to fix it, or tell me what to change so it works. Wish I could tell you what it is- but I cannot for the life of me, find a way to reach you!  It's infuriating.

Every other company that I work with, or exchange business or money with, where I cannot reach a human being to resolve an issue. Go Daddy makes a lot less money off of me, and there is someone to talk to 24 hours a day.

David74
Level 2

"David, I hope you're joking." No Mike I am not joking.

BTW I found a way to get hold of a real live person, go to Airbnb's Facebook page and say you're having a problem, they responded with a phone number and a link to the Airbnb Twitter account @AirbnbHelp I left a tweet and they replied on FB that the message was received and I would an email response, waiting to see what happens.

This is a real chickensh*t way to do business IMO

Mike77
Level 10

The less they have to deal with hosts or renters the better they like it.

The more that the hosts do to keep renters off AirBnB's backs, the better they like it.

It really makes no sense to me to help in the forum because that only reinforces / props up AirBnB's shoddy customer service.

Mike

Victoria57
Level 10

Your last paragraph @Mike77 probably explains why your responses in the community centre recently have been so unhelpful and downright nasty some of the time.

But I do agree that AirBnB should be putting MUCH more effort into making it easy for hosts and guests to contact them. At the moment they are being slopy-shouldered and clearly don't want anyone to contact them or even find out how to. Really poor!