Custom cancellation policy by date

Erin-and-John0
Level 3
Portland, OR

Custom cancellation policy by date

I have a house in an area with several special events that book way in advance, and similar to many hosts, it would be so helpful to be able to adjust my cancelation policy on the calendar by booking date, similar to how I can adjust the rate and the minimum stay.  I do not want to change my overall cancellation policy to strict because I will lose booking throughout the year, but going into next summer I will have to as we are one of the best locations to view the solar eclipse and cannot have someon cancel at the last minute as that will be a huge loss in revenue.

8 Replies 8
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Erin-and-John0   I too have events here where I am that are booked almost a year in advance.  I have elected strict cancellation policy primarily to protect those bookings.  Thanks for bringing this to the Host Voice.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Welcome-Apartments0
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Dear partners,

We are having the same issue.

We would like to put super strict policy only for the New Year period, however it is not possiblte to do through this site. It would  be really helpful to have this option. 

Kind regards,

Nina

Emma151
Level 1
Washington, DC

I just got totally screwed by my inauguration guests cancelling less than a week before (I have the 5-day policy). I don't want to change my overall policy to strict just to protect a few dates a year, as I believe that will reduce my overall bookings during non-special event times, but this really really screwed me. And because someone else booked for one day of the weekend, I think it very unlikely that in the next week I will get another booking for this night. We should be able to change the cancellation policy by date for special events. Please please please enact this feature.

Ric11
Level 4
Salford, United Kingdom

Yep I want this feature. Living very close to Manchester United's ground I don't want to be in a position for people to cancel on match days and concert days without a penalty. 

Anna790
Level 1
San Diego, CA

We have a customer that is booking multiple days then cancelling or modifying at the last minute, ruining our prices and possibility for others to book. It would be great to set customer return policies for certain dates and/or for certain customers!

Please add this feature ASAP!

thanks!

Alexandria0
Level 6
Louisville, KY

Yes, please add this feature!! It would be very helpful for special events in the area. 

Rachel447
Level 2
New York, NY

Agreed.  In-season we want to have a strict policy, but in the off season I'm happy to have a much more lenient policy.  Would love for there to be some flexibility here.  Similarly, would love for there to be another level of strict (Suggestion: Super strict - 50% back... Strict - 100% back if more than a month in advance, 50% back if less than a month in advance.)