Customising availability of Instant Book

Customising availability of Instant Book

I love instant book but am unable to use it a lot of the time in case I need a longer than usual booking to cover a period I am away or at prime holiday times such as xmas/new year.

Please make instant book more flexible by being able to define the calendar periods where it applies and the periods for which the host wants to be contacted for approval before booking.

6 Comments
Taryn4
Level 10

Here! Here! I love it too but would use it way more if I could set specific time frames. 

Leonie11
Level 3

In general I want a minimum of 2 days for bookings.  However, because I prefer this setting, I can't fill the individual days that get stuck between other bookings.  

I would like to be able to set an individual date to be ok to book a single day booking on the calendar, whilst retaining 2 days bookings in general.  

I would take approximatley 4 extra days per month with this system that I can't activate at the moment. 

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Yes, I have many properties tht I could switch to instant book if there were aspects I could customize.

More specificly if I could specify a minimum 4 or more day stay for instant book, and still be able to choose when a guest wanted to book 3 or less days.

Shannon0
Level 6

I have instant book. I also have 3 listings. One of my listings is for my whole house.  I have it set to 1 days advance notice before guest arrival. Today, thank god, I received an inquiry and not an instant book.

A guest inquired about today through the 1st of October. I was all????????? OMG! What if they instant book? I am having windows repaired, pressure washing done, and my friends dogs are here for a few hours? I have not cleaned every surface as I do within the 1 day before the guest arrives.

I notice this box directly below reservation preferences. It is for instant book hosts to allow guests to send reservation requests without advanced notice. It was CHECKED!! People, I know I did NOT check that box.

I was so disappointed that ABB would check that box for me and wait until; I was having a heart attack for me to discover. ABB needs to be more commutative with us hosts. Making mountains out of mole hills, forcing instant book on those who do not want it, forcing guests into people’s homes who are not welcome and checking boxes added without our knowledge is mad science and it really makes us SAD.

We love this App. We are saddened that some at ABB seem to be on a NEW COKE continual downward spiral and you won't stop until we are all nearly bankrupt.  I don't understand, are you trying to thin the ranks because let me tell you what you may discover a success in this area.

You are now doing a very great job of forcing hosts to seek out other alternatives to these forced policies to BOLDY go where no ABB Host has gone before.

ABB is a GREAT Success. It has created a space between to the benefit of all. It is NOT broken, why do you insist on fixing it to the detriment of all?

If it ain't broke STOP fixint it.

Shannon

I have Instant Book on all the time, but there are some weekends that we *might* want to use the apartment and I would appreciate being able to turn IB off for those weekends so that I can decide whether to rent those weekends or not.  But the rest of the time, I'd like to have IB on for the apartment!