DIRTY TACTICS

0 Likes

DIRTY TACTICS

Cash payments are being offered in return for bad reviews including  videos of AirBNB hosted accommodation on a site called Air Tasker in Australia. The ads appear randomly for short periods. People are encouraged to submit a bad AirBNB reviews and provide video evidence for a $20 payment.

4 Comments
Christine1
Level 10

@Ross76.

Re: fake paid reviews.

Chill buddy. The net is full of rumours. Don't believe them all. 

Re: Real guest reviews;

(I checked your Airbnb host profile etc)

Take care when replying to your guest reviews & comments.

Imho; Avoid criticising your guest publically when they say they perceived things differently. eg if they think your description is not accurate.

Public attacks on guest feedback can make hosts sound like a bad sports.

Have a think about their comment and instead try to learn SOME thing from it. There'll always be something.

In the meantime ensure you know the difference between your private guest communication & comments which will remain in cyberland for a very long time.

Re; selecting guests:

Why is it that your listing which has 2 single beds, allows for couples or single girls but not single men? I am curious about the reason? 

Regards Christine 

Ross76
Level 1

I never publicly attacked anyone. I ask for more information because the review never provided any. The listing doesn't specify anything.it merely states suitability. If you took the time to read the listing you would know that.

Christine1
Level 10

My tip was merely meant to help and alert you to the benefits of using private communication channels to directly resolve issues or differences. 

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/22499630&ved...

I did read through your listing in detail all the pictures and description as well as terms and conditions prior to writing in the thread. 

You may have jumped to the conclusion that a particular general statement referred to you, and that's unfortunate.  However my statement about public attacks comes from wide reading of forums, and research online where it is possible to see a substantial number of hosts who write surly responses to guest reviews. These hasty public responses are probably written during a time of disappointment.

My intention was to protect you from being vulnerable to this when you asked your guest to explain why they marked you down in their star ratings. Such questions are more likely to be answered by your guest if they are asked privately. Then you can make a judgement about what if anything you can do to avoid a repeat of this negative issue occuring again. 

For a forum to work sometimes touchy issues will need to be discussed and by being public we all learn. But it can have its awkward moments.

I am still curious to learn about your decision to nominate only couples or females as guests. What is the reasoning that underpins this selection criteria? 

Regards Christine 

Christine1
Level 10

My tip was merely meant to help and alert you to the benefits of using private Airbnb guest email to discuss matters of concern or concerns about reviews.

I did read through your listing "Peace and Quiet Valley views and Kangeroos" in detail all the pictures and description as well as terms and conditions prior to writing in the thread. 

You may have jumped to the conclusion that a particular general statement referred to you, and that's unfortunate.  However my statement about public attacks comes from wide reading of forums, and research online where it is possible to see a substantial number of hosts who write surly responses to guest reviews. These hasty public responses are probably written during a time of disappointment.

My intention was to protect you from being vulnerable to this when you asked your guest to explain why they marked you down in their star ratings. Such questions are more likely to be answered by your guest if they are asked privately. Then you can make a judgement about what if anything you can do to avoid a repeat of this negative issue occuring again. 

For a forum to work sometimes touchy issues will need to be discussed and by being public we all learn. But it can have its awkward moments.

I am still curious to learn about your decision to nominate only couples or females as guests. What is the reasoning that underpins this selection criteria? 

Regards Christine