DOES AIR BNB CARE ANYMORE ABOUT US HOSTS??????

DOES AIR BNB CARE ANYMORE ABOUT US HOSTS??????

I have been with Air BNB for years.

In the beginning, they were very helpful and easy to contact.  Now it is impossible to get in touch with them.

In their surveys, it does not leave any room for FEEDBACK.

Did they just get our business and then forget to look after the HOSTS>????

They ask the Guests ....Not if they enjoyed their stay or had a lovely stay.....they ask if there is any room for IMPROVEMENT>...I wonder at times if the guests scratch their heads to find something....because even the guests who really enjoyed their stay come up with something 

I feel it should be.  DID YOU HAVE A NICE STAY......

People are all kinds , with all kinds of issues, personalities, relationships.... We, Hosts, cannot do anything about that.

It is hard work to HOST>  It can be very pleasurable but it can also be challenging, depending on the Guests....

Has AIR BNB stopped caring about us HOSTS who do all the work keeping things up to scratch for our guests???

Will another compan,  who cares , swoop in and take over.  I am re thinking AIR BNB.  There are a LOT on ONE NIGHT bookings,

All the work and no profit.  The season is very short where I live so I am considering my options. 

Any ideas???   Anne **, Colorado.

Response from Airbnb

We are developing a process to automatically synthesize feedback collected from the website and deliver this feedback to the appropriate team. We are also improving the process for delivering timely answers to Host Voice submissions each month. Finding better ways to listen to the host community is a commitment we will be continuing to investigate and improve this year.

The Airbnb Research and Design teams actively seek feedback from the host community so that Airbnb products best meet your needs. This process includes surveys sent to hosts, focus groups, 1:1 user research interviews, in home observations, diary studies where hosts detail their experience using the Airbnb website/app, and beta test groups. Check out this video that sheds light on the process used to improve the Airbnb mobile App.

28 Comments
Claudia365
Level 2

Andrea,  I am having the same problem, so actually I am working for Airbnb, meaning: I am renting my house so as to pay the debt Airbnb established without further notice with guests I receive through them (who broke the rules). 

I had a very unpleasant situation with Airbnb guests. They invited street girls (hookers) to the house even thought the House RUles are indicating otherwise. The guests were drunk and I asked them to leave. Since they refused and were in such a bad temper, the police had to be involved. It was a very nasty situation, neighbors watching and me very upset. I called Airbnb to cancel the reservation explaining the situation (let me say that trying to get in touch with Airbnb is a hard work to do, specialy if your country does not have an Airbnb ofice) since I did not want to deal with the guest for refunding. I receive an email from Airbnb: " Due to this incident, I worked with management to give you the full payout and we refunded the guest on our end." However, not only was I discounted from my payouts the nights the guests were not hosted, but also an extra charge due to the reimbursement made to the guests. After getting in touch with Airbnb they said they need to revise and raise the case with account manager. Due to all the inconveniences and insecurity with Airbnb (not to mention lack of commintment towards the hosts-unless of course you are a host that can make Airbnb earn some money) I will definitely remove my profile from Airbnb. 

Claudia365
Level 2

Not to mention my location on the map is 10 kms away from current address. I have raised cases and received no answer. I really expected more from Airbnb, they are not as client-oriented as promoted!

Airbnb
Official Account
Status changed to: In Development

We are developing a process to automatically synthesize feedback collected from the website and deliver this feedback to the appropriate team. We are also improving the process for delivering timely answers to Host Voice submissions each month. Finding better ways to listen to the host community is a commitment we will be continuing to investigate and improve this year.

The Airbnb Research and Design teams actively seek feedback from the host community so that Airbnb products best meet your needs. This process includes surveys sent to hosts, focus groups, 1:1 user research interviews, in home observations, diary studies where hosts detail their experience using the Airbnb website/app, and beta test groups. Check out this video that sheds light on the process used to improve the Airbnb mobile App.

Mike127
Level 2

Totally agree with Anne...

Joseph77
Level 2

Airbnb is a night mare to us Host. I have been hosting for 5 years. I am a super host. I had a girl rent a room in my apartment for 2 months. I came up to welcome her and cook her a welcome meal. She stayed for a week and canceled her reservation. The reason she canceled was that she felt uncomfortable with my 4 children. My girls aged from 10 to 14 were in the apartment for an hour while I installed and window air conditioner. So my guest could be more comfortable in the t.v room. My kids and I, all left to my comedy show and then to our other home, The guest lied and said I left my children alone with her and she felt uncomfortable. Really. I provided proof via Facebook postings and video of my children being on stage with me at the comedy club and then at their summer home. Airbnb sided with the guest and penalized me for bringing my children up to the apartment. This is after I cooked veggie stir fry and spagetti for my guest who was vegatarian. She actually sat down and ate with my children. Airbnb said I can not bring my children up to the apartment. Which is discimination to a child. Who the hell is this guest to tell me my kids can not come up to their second home. What I am suppose to do, leave them unattended in a hot car, because my guest is a rude, lying spoiled brat. They refunded her all her money and actually charged my 200 for having her stay in my place for a week. When I tried to call Airbnb. They put thru to the Philipines after being on hold for over an hour. I hosted over 100 guests and have 95 five star reviews but I was treated so unfairly by Airbnb. There whole community thing is complete bull**bleep** and they do nothing to help out the hosts that do all the work. My last experience is the reason I no longer invite anybody from Airbnb into my home. I had an Italian girl book for 4 months. After staying in my home for 50 nights. She canceled because she wanted to move in with her friends in Manhattan. instead of just being honest. She lied and said I had bedbugs. Really ? You had bedbugs but you stayed in my place for 50 nights. Again Airbnb did not call me to her my side of the story and refunded her back everything except 168. dollars. So she was basically charged like 90 dollars after the cleaning fee to stay in my home for 50 nights. Again, nobody called me from the Airbnb solution center and just refunded her back all her money. I was blown away that after hosting for 5 years and getting all those 5 star reviews and cooking and hosting for my guests, all it took was a little lying guest with absolutly no reviews to ruin everything I worked so hard for. When I called Airbnb I was transferred to the Philippines and nobody could help me. They all said sorry the case is closed. I saw the owner Brian Chesky on NBC, doing an interview about how he is bringing the community together, He makes me sick to my stomach, When the owner of a company lies threw their teeth and actually sit on television saying how great the company is. After they completly rip off the host and discriminate towards children and do nothing to help us out. I would like to speak to him directly but her hides behind his fake B.S ego and is immpossible to reach. No longer will I ever use Airbnb and I will never invite any Airbnb guest into my home. Basically a guest can stay in your home for several months and then make up a sad excuse and be refunded all their money back, I a mno longer a Superhost after canceling all my reservation. Good Bye Arirbnb and see you in court. i actually have emails from Airbnb solution center, stating I can not have my children in their own home.

See you in court Brian. 

Mary631
Level 2

Without the host with the home there is no Airbnb!!

I do find  things have changed and not for the better.

Troubles often arise, but how are they handled. The help center is hopeless.

It is necessary for Airbnb to send documentation when monies are being deduted

to both  host and guest, otherwise how does anyone know where the mony is going?

Mike127
Level 2

AGREE!!

Mike127
Level 2

Cant agee more. Airbnb seems to care less and less for hosts and more for guests. Whwn are they going to learn?