Dangerous Instant Book

Dangerous Instant Book

Sometimes it happens that who asks for a reservation is doing such for someone else. Be it because the REAL guest is not registered in Airbnb or because the credit card has not been registered or...whatever.

So that the REAL guest is not the one with the necessary verifications presented for the host and you are receiveng a total stranger not even covered by Airbnb and that means no responsibility either on its part. 

Regards from a worried host

5 Comments
Helena30
Level 2

Thank you Susana, that sounds indeed worrying. Particularly with many cases in media about prostitution rings booking on Airbnb... Recently there was one case like this in Stockholm, even with good recommendations on the girl who did the booking (but was using the flat to sell sex together with a friend). Several cases have been reported in Paris and other places as well. 

About the verification of ID I would like all guests turning up, not just the one booking, to be verified. 

Alfonso24
Level 1

Existen algunos hostein que quieren pagar en efectivo  y quieren menor precio ..

Anonymous

Totally agree, safety is of the utmost importance. I have someone booked with no photo and no reviews. I requested that the guest upload a picture for the safety of all but she has not done so. Upon arrival, I will be asking for ID to verify she is the person who is booked. This is my home and I should have full verification of the guest for safety and insurance reasons.

Kerry

Brad114
Level 2

@Susana185 and @Anonymous

I agree that's a major concern.  That said, you can set your guest requirements (under listings -> booking settings) to require Government ID and "existing host reviews" for instant book.  I've found that the vast majority of my first time Airbnb guests don't instant book anyway since they usually have a ton of questions.  

Also, I just recently found out that it's against the ToS to book a place on behalf of another person. If you feel that's happening, contact Airbng (specifically "Trust and Safety") and you may be able to decline / cancel with no reprecussions.  

We require all guests up front to tell us who will be staying in the listing and we require photo ids when they arrive. We also have a registration form. (If you are going to require photo i.d.s or a registration form you MUST say so in your listing, and the actual text of the from must also be provided.)

This protects us from 3rd party bookings and the lack of airbnb protection that comes with it. 

We meet all guests at the door, too.