Discontinue lowest review

Discontinue lowest review

This new feature is unnecessary and doesnt add value for guests and further punishes hosts in an already flawed star system. 

Response from Airbnb

Based on feedback from the host community, we decided to terminate the Lowest Review feature. The intention of this feature was to help set guest expectations for a stay by highlighting aspects of past experiences that did not go well. However, your feedback helped us understand how sometimes a review can unfairly represent the experience that you will provide future guests. Though this feature was not the best approach, it’s still a priority of ours to ensure travelers see the reviews that accurately capture what it’s like to stay in your place.

48 Comments
Julie459
Level 2

Thanks to everyone here. I totally agree that this should be removed. Feeling very demoralised.

Julie

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10

95 thumbs up and the subject hast been moved?

This feature needs to removed asap or I'll be forced to move my business to HomeAway or FlipKey.

I had one very negative review from a prima donna guest 3 years ago, out of 200 total reviews, and now that old, terrible review is displayed front and center and scaring potential guests away.

This new feature has already had an immediate negative impact on my bookings compared to the past several years.

Hosts aren't happy airbnb, DO SOMETHING before you lose us!

I agree with giving guests multiple options to filter or sort reviews, but not like this where the Lowest Reviews are prominently showcased.

Joanne20
Level 2

I think there should be a time limit to how long reviews remain on the listings.  If it is over 2 years or so it should be deleted.  As someone mentioned earlier some of the negatives may have been corrected and I don't see why we need to have our guests re-visit an issue that is years old.  There doesn't seem to be a way for some of us to live down a comment that a guest made whether it's accurate or not.

Airbnb
Official Account
Status changed to: Launched

Response from Airbnb

Based on feedback from the host community, we decided to terminate the Lowest Review feature. The intention of this feature was to help set guest expectations for a stay by highlighting aspects of past experiences that did not go well. However, your feedback helped us understand how sometimes a review can unfairly represent the experience that you will provide future guests. Though this feature was not the best approach, it’s still a priority of ours to ensure travelers see the reviews that accurately capture what it’s like to stay in your place.

Naty3
Level 3

Thank you, I'm very happy you guys at Airbnb listen to our frustrations. Since we are offering our homes and we are not at the standards of hotels I think this resolution will help a lot. I hope you are communicating to the guests about how they review their stays as well so we all are in the same page.

Thank you again for considering g our group and improve hosts experience. 

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10

Great outcome. Thanks Airbnb! 

Elenor0
Level 3

The most recent reviews are always going to be the most accurate. As a guest, I want to see reviews in chronological order so I know what to expect. 

Chronological order will also show if any problems from older reviews have been addressed.