Discount Options - Either custom or add 2 week / fortnightly option

Vincent10
Level 4
Richmond, Australia

Discount Options - Either custom or add 2 week / fortnightly option

I'd like to see either additional discount options added, or the current system scrapped in favour of one the host can set based on their own requirements.

Week long stays are relatively commmon in my location, and I woudl prefer not to offer a discount for this period. I would like to be able to offer a discount for a 2 week or longer stay. So an additional option could be added inbetween weekly and monthly.

Alternatively the host could have an option which says "X% discount after X weeks" - though weeks could be days/months.

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 9.58.41 am.png

2 Replies 2
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Vincent

While I agree in principal with your idea, I know from experience that every additional variable increase complexity exponentially.

I've stated on another post that Airbnb developers need to do a root and branch review of the system in the light of all the small incremental changes they’ve made and look at the whole pricing structure again allowing maximum flexibility while maintaining simplicity

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

The Explorer's Club Krakow VIII

Vincent10
Level 4
Richmond, Australia

@Cormac0

Totally understand, the variable option would add a lot of complexity to the system, hence the idea for just a fixed option. 

Simplicity is of course the goal.