Dog Pricing

Dog Pricing

Dear Airbnb (are you out there??)

I allow dogs at our rental, but for an extra charge (=more money for YOU!).  I have to send a special offer, which is confusing to the guest.  You guys could make things a lot more user friendly by allowing the guests to check off a box for the pet which shows an extra cleaning fee and adding $X to the security deposit.

Easy fix and super helpful to host AND guest!

Thanks

Kristen **

10 Comments

Airbnb, I know you've been hearing this suggestion lots - can't we PLEASE get a pet fee option? I have to decline booking requests and then send a special offer to add the fee, but none of the reasons you list as reasons for my decline is the actual reason I need to decline! It's a great thing for a host to be able to accomodate pets - why make it so challenging to do so?

Debby-And-Kevin0
Level 10

Having a pet check off with an automatic added fee would be the greatest thing for hosts who are willing to accept pets!  Airbnb IT crew, help! 

Laura613
Level 2

YES, ALL OF THE ABOVE.  VRBO has a pet button the renter checks which tallys in the extra fee, which is not taxed.  Slick as a whistle!  Please hear your hosts & make this happen.

I agree; however the best practices work around is as follows:

Put pet fee in your rules, with statement that it is not included automatically and will be charged after guest books but before check in.

After reservation is made, click "report a problem" --this sends you to resolution center.

Ask that guest for the pet fee; click "additional services" and explain it is for the pet.

Guest must pay before check in.

Note mosts hosts handle their taxes in the same way (that AirBNB doesn't collect). There is no deduction for the "extra services," so that helps with your tax accounting.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Kristen11
Level 3

Lizzie (Online Community Manager): Why was this archived?!

Karen442
Level 2

Agree with others it should be an easy extra charge to add like a cleaning fee and damage deposit - it would make it so much easier.

Lara136
Level 1

Yes please.  Most other sites have this as an option and I don't like the idea of a guest agreeing to come and then me asking for extra for the dog after.  It just doesn't sit well with me.

Karen442
Level 2

Totally agree -it's embarassing and the airbnb workaround isn't good  - just add on the option to put on a charge per dog and quantity of dogs.

Barbara749
Level 2

Please make it easy and clear to charge a pet fee. Also makes it impossible to turn on instant book.

This has been so frustrating. I know people traveling with dogs are fine paying an extra $25. for a couple day stay vs at least $30. to leave them home at a kennel facility. 

And make the calander easy to find the minute you go to your Airbnb site!