EXCLUDE SPECIFIC COUNTRIES from which reservation requests and inquiries originate

Sergio364
Level 1
Zaragoza, Spain

EXCLUDE SPECIFIC COUNTRIES from which reservation requests and inquiries originate

Hello,

There's a growing problem from either private rings and/or public entities who are trying to get the location of the property before "booking" a place. There are a few obvious dangers here:

1. A "private ring" of "criminals" may target a property to burglarize.

2. A "public entity" may try to locate a property to issue various penalties.

In either case, both of the above could be addresses in part by allowing a "HOST" to select from a list of countries to Accept or Reject any Reservation request, communication and inquiries. AirBnB could omit listings from search results, and block from the profiles and IP addresses.

Personally, I have been bombarded by requests from newly signed-up "travellers" who wish to know "my exact location" before booking. These requests happen eventhough I have raised the verification barriers. Why, then, am I even being contacted or bothered by guests who do not even meet my restrictions?

Hopefully AirBnB can address and provide a work-around for this growing problem as many of us are being hit by this increasingly recurring and dangerous problem.

Best!

0 Replies 0