Educate guests

Educate guests

I think it is neccessary to educate guests. Most guests are happy and grateful for getting to stay at my places, but some guests think they have rented the most expensive hotel in the world and leave it like it was a hotel room with everything upside down.

Therefore it would be good that guests were educated and they maybe even had to pass a quiz what is allowed and what is not when renting airbnb.

They should also confirm that they do not have so high expectations that no host can meet it.

2 Comments
Joy127
Level 2

Totally agree with this. I have a studio unit near the beach nand  have had guests leave negative feedback that there is no privacy between the beds and living areas even though the photos clearly show this and the listing states it. I have also had guests treat the place like a hotel and leave the place a mess even though the house rules are stated in the listing nad in the unit itself.

i think the quiz idea is great as many guests don’t even read the listing properly let alone reading the suggestions for being a good guest.

Christine1
Level 10

Host need to be the ones to educate their guests as each host, listing and guest and booking request is a unique combination. 

It's more efficient if hosts take on this role. In my experience it works better that way.

Regards Christine