'Essentials' in the Amenities need to broken out so it is clear what is offered.

'Essentials' in the Amenities need to broken out so it is clear what is offered.

Please break out Essentials - (expecting a guest to rollover and see what it means is optimistic to the extreme) most people think essentials includes Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, what have you and NOT what Airbnb has decided  it means i.e. Soap and Toilet Paper.

And Soap? that is very nebulous - does it mean just hand soap - most people think it means body wash.

I am getting tired of people rifling through my cabinets taking my body wash and shampoo, conditioner, other hair products because they 'think'  it is theirs for the taking or marking me down in value because they 'expect' it because of the nebulous way that Airbnb presents "essentials".   I do have a stock of some items for people who arrive late and have forgotten them.

BUT,  I am going to have to up my prices if this continues and everyone expects it.

SO PLEASE ESSENTIALS:

BASIC  TOILETRIES:  Hand Soap, Toilet Paper

ADDITIONAL TOILETRIES: Body Wash, Shampoo & Conditioner

Thank you.

3 Comments
Andrew157
Level 10

There is a place here in Cumbria where essentials are not supplied not even toilet paper. According to the reviews when asked the host points out that the listing states essentials are not provided.

@Ange2l idea is good.

Also could the provision of tea and coffee be separated from provision of breakfast 

Gillian19
Level 10

And towels clearly separated from bed-linen as well as the above suggestions.

Sunny-and-Jeff0
Level 4

I fully agree with this - as a host I cannot check off on certain items such as "beach essentials" just because we are not providing umbrellas, so guests may check that amenity off in their search because they need beach towels included and we will not come up in their search results. For this reason I believe many of the bundled amenities MUST be separated! With regards to essentials, we are providing shampoo and bodywash, and not conditioner, so even bundling shampoo and conditioner together is not a good idea for those of us that provides only certain things. Many bundled amenities really just should not be bundled because it may not apply to hosts in various areas.