Feedback questions as a hot regarding guest concerns. Don’t know about a concern until I read guest

0 Likes

Feedback questions as a hot regarding guest concerns. Don’t know about a concern until I read guest

As a host we need to leave feedback for guests before we can see their feedback. 

One of the questions we need to answer is how well did the guest voice their concerns. Unfortunately a lot of guests don’t voice concerns in person and don’t even fill out the feedback form I leave in the unit.

it is not until I read their feedback that I even know they had any concerns but we have to rate them on how well they voiced their concerns without even realising they had any issues. This needs to be addressed in the feedback. Hosts should be able to read guest feedback before needing to leave a rating for this question. I understand the rest of the questions should be rated by hosts before reading guest feedback but I get frustrated by this question. I now rate this one low every guest as I have no idea if they had concerns or not.

One guest stayed 2 nights and I had a chat after the first night to check everything was ok. The guest smiles and said it was al great. She then left me very negative feedback and one star rating. Frustrating when all the rest were so positive to have this one pull down my rating. There should be a requirement whereby if a guest or host leaves a rating of 3 or less that there are drop down options they must choose to explain their rating. All I got in this rating was “ where do I start?” So have no idea what the issues she experienced actually were.

3 Comments
Kathleen224
Level 1

I agree . I got a bad trevire. My feelings are hurt, I knocked myself out to provide a nice place. The guest never said a word whilhrtr desist my texting her twice just to s

Doreen32
Level 1

I agree.  If guests told you they had a concern you could get right on it so the next guest wouldn't have the same concern.  But I don't get frustrated as maybe they think you will get confrontational.  I had a guest cancel his reservation and leave early.   I didn't have a clue why, I called Airbnb and they said he only said it was not as advertised so I airbnb'd him and he told me the sink and bath tub were draining to slow.  I always use a small snake when I clean and once a month Liquid Plumber so I called my home warranty service and a professional plumber discovered a child had put a toy car in the drain. The plumber has to remove the drain pipes (when no guests are around).  If I hadn't pursued this I would never have known.  I did thank the guest for giving me the information.

Jason-Paul0
Level 2

Great concern!! I agree with you, feedback and concerns should be made know to the host if a guest has a problem they can message you to have it resolve not damaging your reputation on with bad reviews especially when the host went out of their way, the thing is honesty some folks are dishonesty, the other issue I think it's both ways with Airbnb last week I came from my first trip and the host wrote a review for me as a guest but I wasn't able to view it until I submitted my review of him...