Filters for en-suite and private bathroom

Filters for en-suite and private bathroom

I think it would be useful to guests to have two more filters: one for 'En-suite bathroom' and one for 'Private bathroom'.

A good definition for 'en-suite bathroom' is a bathroom you can go to without needing to get dressed. 

20 Comments
Mary-Ann0
Level 10

Good idea and I agree Julia, there is a big difference between a private bathroom down the hall of a host’s house and a private “en-suite” bathroom.  And with an “en-suite” bathroom you don’t even need to have to state it is “private” because of course it is private – it is en-suite!

I also think that it is silly to have to choose a filter option for "Private" or "Shared" bathroom when you are hosting an entire house/apt.  Because when you host an "entire" house or an "entire" apartment well of course the guest will have a private bathroom – because it is an entire private house/apartment.

Also I have often thought that there is such a big difference between private room hosting vs. entire house/apt. hosting that there should be an entire different line of filter options and also whole different sets of extra fees and amenities because they are so different.  I am going to work on this idea and post it when I have time – unless somebody else does it first.

I agree. As a recent guest in a foreign country, I had trouble clarifying in advance weather the private bathroom was in the room (en-suite) or outside room but just for us...this setting option would have eliminated that problem.
Kitty-and-Creek0
Level 10

I agree that a separate category for "en-suite" bathroom is important. We offer a separate wing of our house with ensuite bathroom and kitchenette. Guests do not need to get dressed for bathroom or for making coffee and snacks. This is definitely a different category and level of service from "private room" and "private bath" that is not "en-suite". I would like to see a category added to better serve guest searches and differentiate this higher level of privacy many of us offer.

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Nik6
Level 3

Absolutely!  Ensuite bathroom, Private bathroom and Shared bathroom are 3 distinct types of bathrooms that need to be specified.

Hi everyone,

we host quite often and our rooms have all en-suite bathroom but potential guests when searching cannot easily find and compare rooms with this feauture.

Nix1
Level 2

I just had an en suite put in my Airbnb room and just assumed there would be a filter so guests could search for it. Really surprised to discover that there isn't one. Glad it's not just me and that others agree there should be an easy way tochoose rooms with en suites. 

Nix1
Level 2

I've also just had an en suite added and I was hoping that there would be a filter for it. Do you think Airbnb reads this stuff because I can't find a way of getting in touch with them. 

Christopher187
Level 10

Another vote for bathroom filters.  My space has a private bathroom, meaning no one else uses it, and it is also a private suite so you could walk from room to bathroom without getting dressed.  At the moment there is no way for guests to filter for this or realize it without reading my description.

JoãoPedro4
Level 2

It is just absurd not having this option. I'm currently on a room with shared bathroom and want to move to a new room with private room in a couple of weeks. What should I do? Search over 1000 options checking one by one? That's just BS.