Flexible itinerary - reserve our house for 10 days but spend and pay only for 3 days

Bostjan1
Level 2
Križe, Slovenia

Flexible itinerary - reserve our house for 10 days but spend and pay only for 3 days

Hello,

I'm writing you about a new service offered off season. If you already offer this kind of possibility, please let me know, because we would like to offer this service through Airbnb.

The idea is:

Guest reserves our house for a time spam for example 10 days however guest spends and pays only 3 nights actually spent at our house. In this way guests can adjust itinerary according to weather or remain flexible due to other reasons.

This service can be offered only off season.

Background of the idea:

Slovenia is a beautiful country off season: from November till April - nature is beautiful and here are significantly fewer tourists. However, there are days with awful weather when travellers need to adjust their plans according to weather.

Since off season our house is not full and we would like to be hosts off season as well, we fell that we need to offer travellers flexibility to change their plans if necessary. So, if travellers would like to spend 10 days in Slovenia (and in neighbouring countries) and they don't know exact plan where they are going to be or they would like to be free due to weather changes, in Base Camp House we offer them a special service: they can reserve our house for a period of 10 days (or 5 or 3), however, at the end they would spend only 3 days (or 2 or 1) in our house, the rest of the days they would travel in other regions.

In this way we can offer travellers to remain flexible in their plans and adjust itinerary according to weather.

I would appreciate your feedback. We would like to offer this service though Airbnb

Kind regards, Barbara

Base Camp House Slovenia

Superhost

5 Replies 5
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Bostjan1

An interesting Idea, it could play havoc with the weekly discounts!

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

@Bostjan1  I believe you could offer this without waiting for Airbnb to adjust their own procedures or platform.  It would require a level of trust by your Guests, but possibly those Guests who visit Slovenia for an extended period (up to 10 days) could afford the initial financial hit it would require.  My quick thought is that you would offer that flexibility by asking the Guest to reserve the timeframe that they know they will be traveling in.  This would require the Guest to pay in advance for ALL of those days in the timeframe.  Then when the Guest arrives and completes their stay of 3 or 4 days instead of 10, you would immediately reimburse them through the Resolution Center.  It would require developing a level of trust, but could be done.  I like the idea of flexibility for Guests, but can't see a good way to do it within the Airbnb platform.

OMG - NO!!!! 

Sean119
Level 10
Blue Hill, ME

Or...give them a special offer for 10 days at the price of 3.  Personally, no thanks!

Bostjan1
Level 2
Križe, Slovenia

Hi Sean,

thank you for your input.

Purpose of this service is not having people 10 days in our house for low price.

We offer guests flexibility - they pay full price for the days they stay in the house, however they can decide about WHEN TO STAY 3 DAYS within those 10 days. 

advantage: you don't have to lower your prices to get income off season; people are willing to pay normal price if they can get some flexibility in return.

Barbara& Boštjan