Get Rid of the @guestairbnb Email and Use Guests Real Email Address

Get Rid of the @guestairbnb Email and Use Guests Real Email Address

When a guest confirms let us see a link to their email address so we can email them directly. You already give guests our email addresses and they email me, I want to send out PDF's to guests and be able to verify I have their email and when I copy and paste that stupid fake email address from the message history there's no way to tell. This feature is pointless at stopping anything so get rid of it so we can have easier and faster communication with guests. 

4 Comments
Kelly149
Level 10

no, I don't think guests get our real email --- just ask for it. The system doesn't blank it out after a reservation is confirmed. But write it down somewhere, it will vanish after the trip is over.

Martin280
Level 10

its dumb to have to ask a guest for their email, then wait for them to reply, then copy and paste it into my google mail to send them a pdf of things in the neighborhood and about the building. thats a ridiculous system. they should just have their email be present with their phone number. one click of the email link from the airbnb page and now i'm in my google mail. this is efficiency. i dont see any reason for the faux email address except airbnb is trying to monitor communication. which is pointless...considering we get guests' mobile numbers and those conversations are entirely private. 

Jim100
Level 1

I agree completely and have suggested this to Airbnb many times. The advantage Airbnb has over corporate lodging, etc is that the hosts and guests have more personal contact. The email forwarding system completely voids this. They say it is to protect our email address from msuse, but I am in the business of hosting the public. I want them to have my address. I will deal with the problems if there are any. I usally copy paste their phone address onto my on email account anyway, so I can add links and attachments that the message thread doesnot handle.

Good luck on getting this changed.

Jim

Chaney1
Level 1

Why did Airbnb get rid of the link to the guest's email address that was on the reminder email?  It doens't matter to me if the email address is "hidden" or not, as long as I can email them.  Airbnb just created one extra step to send info to the guests.  It doesnt' make sense to me why they would suddenly make that change.