Guest Cancellations - should be seen on their review page.

Guest Cancellations - should be seen on their review page.

I would like to suggest  that if guests cancel it should show up on their review page same as it does on the hosts page. Even if a host cancels a year in advance it is there, a huge negative, most people do not bother to look further than "Cancelled". Guest and host should have right of response to clarify why in the spirit of transparency promoted by Airbnb.

But, however it's done, in this spirit of promoting honesty and trust that Airbnb states it holds in high esteem, it should be on the guests page, epecially given that even Strict refund has been halved and the host only gets 50% instead of 100%.  Many of us are not hotels, we are sharing our apartment. Knowing someone has a history of cancelling just before check-in would be valued information, given that cancellations especially at peak times are a severe dent to our business, not to mention that the host has no doubt prepared for the guests stay and incurred costs and also limited their schedule to be available to host the guest.

Thank you

9 Comments
Marzena4
Level 10

Me in. Maybe we should come out in the thread as well?

Cormac0
Level 10

@Ange2

I'm in, come on Host this needs more then 8 thumps up, how about 100.

Regards

Cormac

ECK III

Linda108
Level 10

Glad you posted a link to this post in Host Voice, @Ange2, as I absolutely agree.  Let's direct more hosts to this posting.  I am not a regular reader of Host Voice, so it might be good to post in the host forum with a link to this post.  

Ange2
Level 10
Hi @Linda0 @Cormac0 @Marzena0 Thanks, I did link to this post in host forum - maybe I should bump it to the top again.
Ange2
Level 10
@Linda0 @Cormac0 @Marzena0 I bumped it to the top of the host forum. Should anyone else wish to bump it up in the host forum for more looks and possible thumbs up this is the link: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Should-guest-cancellations-of-reservations-before-they-s...
Martha96
Level 2

I just had a guest inquire about pricing so I gave her a Special offer because it was for 4 days(12/22-12/26). She then accepted my offer but changed her booking to only 2 days!!!!

i told her this was NOT the basis for my Special offer.  I've asked her to cancel her reservation.  

Edwin57
Level 10

Yes tours your vote Listen Iam in with you Airbnb listen to us fare is fare

Andrea1063
Level 10

YES

Stephanie365
Level 10

Absolutely. AirBNB, you need to start holding guests to the same standards as hosts. 

If we get dinged for a cancellation, so should a guest.
If we get "suspended" for poor marks, so should a guest.

You need to stop catering ONLY to guests. You need to keep your hosts happy, too. You're not the only game in town ya know.