Guest Overall Rating

Kristin132
Level 2
Lafayette, IN

Guest Overall Rating

Let host's give an overall rating to guests beside the stars we give them for each category. They can for us. Why can't we do the same for us? Though I wish guests didn't have that option. It's not right that they can give us 5 stars in every category but give us a lower overall category and that score is what is shown on the review. 

5 Replies 5
Michele4
Level 9
Munich, Germany

That's exactly what happens often with unexperienced guests. I asked them and they simply didn't realize it. In their perception the detailed ratings are more important simply because they are more specific and they spend more time on them. It happened a few times that I got 5 stars for every single rating, but only 4 overall.

Either ditch the overall rating or count the specific ones too!

Maria65
Level 3
Montevideo, Uruguay

I'm absolutely agree .!!

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

I agree! Guests, especially those new to Airbnb, do not understand the rating system at all, and they do not understand how hosts are affected by these ratings, and how super-hosts can be especially negatively affected if they rate us in an illogical manner, not knowing how it all works.

Andrea1063
Level 10
Collingwood, Canada

In general guests do not understand the impact of their rating on hosts.  Maybe an 'are you sure' button before they hit send LoL.   Give people the power to review and its amazing that some think they're writing for a travel magazine and rating a 5 star hotel.   I make a point of saying that this is my home and not a hotel to try to plant the seed. 

Still, people can be hyper-critical over things that are not worthy of such attention, or even a second thought by most others.  Guy booked smaller room, put in in the larger suite and he gave a 4 for value -- what an ingrate and if he'd thought for a moment, or, had any humanity he would not have done that.  Petty ... 5's for cleanliness etc.  Value 4 - how stupid is that. 

Because of their lack of responsibility / consequences and this new rating system its going to hit SH's harder than Airbnb imagines and its simply not fair and you can't appeal an unfair rating / review unless they 'get personal'.  

"Location" should not be part of ratings as the guest chooses it as shown per Airbnb map on booking.  "locate" means "discover exact place" and if guests find after they arrive that they made a wrong choice to suit them, why should the host be penalised when the exact position was shown ?