Guest Profile

Karla23
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Guest Profile

As a host, it is very difficult to build trust with a guest if they don't have a complete profile. It should be mandatory to have a profile photo and location of where they are coming from. It is more difficult to rent a vehicle than a house, and a house is arguably much more valuable and a bigger liability than a car. I don't think it's fair that I have to tell every guest to please complete their profile. This should be an Airbnb requirement. If people can create FB pages, they can create a simple profile on Airbnb. 

5 Replies 5
Brian414
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

Absolutely agree.  

Scott-and-Millie0
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I agree hundred percent! On one of my more expensive properties I do not let instant booking happen. Unless they have met the criteria of for identifications a photo and they have stayed with host before. That way if you don't feel comfortable with their information you don't have to except. 

But I definitely think that host before they sign up a new guest and let them start posting first days they must have at least Government ID phone number email address where they're coming from and their photo all loaded on their link.

Howard47
Level 1
Mendocino, CA

Get rid of insta book, I have been a super host for 4 years and have had some guests that I do not want back. I want the opportunity to decline these people. However airbnb tell me that my listing will not be high lighted and I will have to pay cancellation fees if I don't have insta book. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is blackmail. Airbnb are more interested in the money and keepng guests happy than keeping hosts happy. Without good hosts airbnb does not exist. In the 4 years I have been doing this, it is becoming more and more apparent. I started off with good intentions and I am still very fussy about having my guest house the very best it can be, but it destroys me when I get guests that just don't appreciate how lucky they are and treat it like a motel 6. They have left it filthy, damaged things like window coverings, burnt up pots, ruined screen doors. This all costs time and money to fix. I am about ready to quit, it's not worth it.

Priscilla46
Level 5
Concord, MA

I thought it was airbnb policy that guests HAD to post a photo of themselves (vs. their dog, etc.). Why isn't this enforced???  If not a rule, make it one. Agree with others.  Profile critical. 

Carol46
Level 2
Warkworth, New Zealand

I agree as well.  I have just reminded potential guests who have just joined and have no history of reviews that it is a requirement of Airbnb that photos and profiles be provided.   Obviously Airbnb you do not enforce this.   It is annoying and disappointing as I joined Airbnb because it was more than just a booking website yet many people treat it as just that and are not interested in the importance of the relational aspect, something I thought Airbnb was very strong on.