Guest contact numbers and profile pictures

Karen131
Level 7
Rhodes, Greece

Guest contact numbers and profile pictures

Has anyone else found recently that the contact number for guests is different from the one on their profile?

I make a point of contacting all guests by phone the day before their arrival to make sure they adequately understand directions to our apartment.

Could Air BnB ensure that guest's mobile / cell numbers are up to date and correct at time of travelling?

Also, I have recently had quite a few queries from guests who have only been on Air BnB since February 2018, so no reviews, which is fine. But also no profile picture. This makes me a little nervous. Could Air BnB only suggest guests who have an adequate profile picture please?

1 Reply 1
Adam-and-Carol0
Level 3
Kissimmee, FL

The profile pictures being absent is a huge concern for us as well, and we're seeing more and more of this since the beginning of 2018. Thankfully a lot of these guests can be looked up on Facebook using their phone number and/or name & city to confirm their identity. We still can't believe Airbnb allows people to sign up with just an email address and nothing else, yet claim they're ''verified''. It's exposing hosts to unecessary risks.