Guidebook - ability to copy to other listings

Guidebook - ability to copy to other listings

We love the guidebook feature and have extensively updated it with numerous recommendations. The only problem that we have is that we offer over 20 properties. It would be great if we could copy a guidebook from 1 property to another and then edit it for specific recommendations. That would save hours of work. Thank you for considering this (or please let me know if this already exsists).

16 Comments
Eloise0
Level 10

While I like the idea of a guidebook I am stymied by the idea that you have over 20 listings!  Surely you are making enough revenue or can  make time to do something as simple as copy/paste/&cut on your 20 listings.  Or even better;  job it out to someone who might be an independent self-employed graphic designer that could genuinely use the income from a business that is operating in my opinion against the very principals and mission that Airbnb was founded on.  Here are a couple of other principals and mission statements that also come to mind..."Pay it forward...and...Share the wealth."

What I wish Airbnb would do is list the single Airbnb Host apart from the glut of multi-listing Hosts.  I could then know who I would be making a booking with. Have any ideas about that?

Tamas1
Level 1

I am little disappointed by this comment and find it naive to think that airbnb will only offer spare beds as it was originally started. Nevertheless we have clearly indicated on all our adverts that we manage multiple properties and would be glad to NOT see bookings from Eloise. 

Tamas1
Level 1

And btw, through this operation we provide 7 full time jobs and the livelyhood of 7 people and their families. 

Eloise0
Level 10

Wow!  Glad you can provide jobs for that many people.  Thanks for letting me know.  Interesting that you would take a  curious inquiry of being "stymied" at the number of listings versus what my understanding of the original mission of Airbnb as a opportunity to publicly lash out at a total stranger.  I guess your right I won't be "allowed" to stay at any of your Airbnb's.  Does it say anywhere in your house rules "No Guests allowed that have independent thoughts much less an opinion."  Thanks for taking the time to explain your situation. Happy Hosting. Let's please not continue this unnecessary conversation.  I think you have made it very clear what you think of me.  Good Luck in your large and busy Airbnb venture.

Gina101
Level 2

Actually the ability to copy the guide book feature would be very handy. I have three rooms in one property which I can let separately. I could also let the whole property as one as well. The creation of the guide book is tedious and time consuming.

It's a bit like the syncing of calender issue. It would be very handy in this situation.

Traci1
Level 7

Agreed Tamas, thank you for your post. We only have three listings and even that is a hassle. For us, it would also work to create one guidebook that could be viewed from multiple listings.

Jorge288
Level 2

I concur. I have been trying to figure this out myself. Having a home with six rooms and living in a city as large as Philadelphia where there is tons to do, I am at 54 entries on the one guidebook. I can't foresee finding the time to create 5 more with 54 more entries, not to mention then having to update 6 times each time I want to add a new suggestion to promote a local business. In the spirit of paying it forward as that other person eluded, I find myself often eating at different new places in my community and if I genuinely enjoy them, recommending them. That is paying it forward. What I have resolved to circumvent this tedious inconvenice is, on my original guidebook I click on the link for "print", and then I copy the URL to that print page. When a guest gives me any inclination of wanting suggestions, I share the link. Also, you can always just post the link somewhere on all of the listings, so you only have to update the 1 because the link always directs them to the same list. It isn't a real fix, but it is a way around it. I sincerely hope that helps.

Anton56
Level 1
I agree that this would be great functionality, including the option of creating a new listing from a current one. This would enable hosts to have full property listings at different times of the year versus individual room listings without the hassle of re-uploading photos etc Fingers crossed that Airbnb has this in the upgrade pipeline.
Jason239
Level 2

HELP US AIRBNB!

Kuba-and-Aga0
Level 1

BUMP!