HELP!

Blue4
Level 1
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

HELP!

HI

We are new to Air Bnb

I set up the account on Monday and have had a lot of requests.

This has lead me to increase the miniumum number of nights to 3

And i have also increased the price over national holidays.

I had a request on Thursday which expired yesterday. I contacted the guest to say we had updated and reviewed our post.

Originally they would have stayed only 2 nights (on a national holiday weekend) thus not making the holiday on Monday as they were only staying Friday and Saturday.

I have also increased the price as I really was under selling.

I messaged the guest saying they could re book. They have messaged to ask me to honor the original booking.

I really do not want to - I will lose a lot of money if and when the booking is made over the holidays weekend.

What's an experienced host's view?

Thanks

1 Reply 1
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Blue4 Welcome to Airbnb! There are many people here who will be happy to help you, but 'Host Voice' is for submitting ideas to Airbnb. I recommend you re-post your question in the 'Host' discussion room and this way you will hear from very experienced hosts. In my opinion, if they allowed the offer to expire, and you changed your prices for understandable reasons, it is their problem, not yours. But perhaps you can make them a 'special offer' and lower the total price if they agree to stay 3 nights to re-build rapport. Even if they do not accept it, by doing this you are showing that you understand they are disappointed and you are trying to find a compromise.