Help us to be more family friendly / We need a separate price option for Kids

Help us to be more family friendly / We need a separate price option for Kids

Airbnb please help us to be more family friendly

In Airbnb guests search it asks guests how may adults , children or infants will be staying , but as a host we have no way of charging a different price for children, in our price settings we only have an additional guest option same price for kids as additional adults .

Personally I do not want to charge for children but would still like to continue to charge $20 extra for additional adults.
For example if a family of 2 adults and 3 children do a search in my area with a maximum price range of $ 200 per night I will not even show up on their search as the price is saying that it would cost them $225 per night, as they are being charged for each, child this price is a lot more than I actually charge , the price is actually only $165 per night. Airbnbs solution to this was send the guest a special offer . This is NOT a solution when I don't even show up on their search in the first place.

So it seems at the moment hosts only have 2 options , to charge the same for kids as additional adults or not charge for additional adults at all .

Airbnb PLEASE ADD A SEPARATE PRICE OPTION FOR KIDS

I'm not saying that everyone should charge less for children, just that it would be nice to have that option for those of us that want to be more family friendly.

Looking at the airbnb community it seems that I'm not the only one that has this problem .
Please give a thumbs up if you like this post , may be if enough people like it the option will be added .

Thanks for taking time to read this post

7 Comments
Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member

I have a same problem and support your request. We need children price !

Cormac0
Level 10

@Samantha

@Nutth

I had an inquiry that was going very nicely until they inquired was the child for free NO, then they started making excuses and didn’t book in the end.

So, I agree, there should price for children (then there the problem what age range should a child fit into?)

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

The Explorer's Club Krakow VIII

Samantha128
Level 3

@Nutth0 @Cormac0 Thank you for your feed back .

On Airbnb's guest search it already asks guests how many Adults / Children Ages 2 - 12 or Infants Under 2 will be staying. I would just like Airbnb to add a separate price range for the Children Aged 2-12 and Under 2s. Currently I believe that all infants under 2 automatically stay for free and I appreciate that some hosts would like to change for infants under 2.

If Airbnb add the separate price option for these ages of children that they all ready ask for in the guest search then a hosts can decide for them selves on a price that suits them and their accommodation.

Beauval0
Level 1

I totally agree with this. It is just not right, the extra person price is same between adult and child. We need to the customer the first impression of the correct price, not have to go through the special offer to correct the price. In the end, it is not a "special offer", it should be THE PRICE. So please add the option !

Megan31
Level 2

I agree. I would like this option. It is available on other holiay rental websites like Stayz and Airbnb is already collecting this information from the potential guest.

Sue4
Level 1

Hi,

I agree.  I would like to be able to charge for Infants (2 years and younger).  I have set up a price for extra guests but wish to have a lower rate option for little ones - trying be family-friendly and I do provide a baby bed, playmat and more.  Guests search for 2 adults and 1 infant (for example), and the price quoted is for 2 adults only.  Can anyone tell me if the requested feature has been added?  Thanks for any tips.  Sue

Susan837
Level 3

I would like to not charge for children under 12. The whole reason I started this is to let children interact with my goats and horses. We LOVE children here, but I think Airbnb charges too much for kids.