Hosting

0 Likes

Hosting

A future guest wants to meet. I don't think it's a good idea. My husband wants me to meet them here at our house. They are booked for June of 2018. Would love to hear other Hosts opinion on this. 

Thank you!

4 Comments
Doreen32
Level 1

I agree.  I think it's creepy when a guest wants to come before hand, especially when there are pictures.  I feel like a scam is in the making.  I explain that the rooms are currently booked and unavailable for showing.  I would rather lose a potential guest then take a chance.  Just like you have to be careful meeting people on Craig's List so you don't get robbed.

I don't mind meeting or showing the house. Usually older people are a little iffy about booking stuff online sight unseen and still prefer the human touch. All the times when we have met our clients or had the houskeeper show them the places have been very positive. The client gets assurance that the house is excaxtly as pictured and they are comfortable with you personally that you will take care of any problems when they arise. Plus if you get a bad vibe or smell trouble maybe you can weasel out of the booking by pointing out why your property is not a good fit for them. Are they elderly? Just make sure you stay safe and use common sense.

Jason-Paul0
Level 2

It goes both ways at times for the best meaning in your favour, it's confirmation for the guest and on then other hand at times they draw away, asking questions about everything in your house as if they are buying their dream house and don't even show and cancell, so it's up to you...

Greg85
Level 2

I wouldn't agree to it. I work full time and honestly couldn't be bothered showing people around before they arrive. If the photos and guest reviews aren't enough to convince them one way or the other, then let them book elsewhere. Sounds like they might be a bit pernickety, and hence more trouble than they're worth.