Hosts and Guests to see the criteria for reviews + disputing inaccurate reviews

Hosts and Guests to see the criteria for reviews + disputing inaccurate reviews

I understand there are new criteria for guests to consider during a review. I think it only fair that a host should be able to see exactly what the guest sees, meaning that the host at least knows all the criteria that are being reviewed. For example, I have heard there is a "smells" category now. If you know of something that might trigger a negative review, the host could address this up front in their listing such as, "Restaurant nearby often smokes meats in the morning".

Also, if a guest leaves clearly incorrect information, I believe this should be able to be disputed or changed. For example, if someone reviews negatively for accuracy by saying your space does not have something (such as an iron), and your listing clearly does not have this listed as an amenity, it should be removed. 

3 Comments
Cormac0
Level 10

@Tina

Absolutely agree, I had a young man wax lyrical about my location only to give me 2 stars for the aforementioned, I was curious about this and he said it was an obvious mistake and he would try to correct, to no avail. So, I decided to REACH OUT to AirBnb only to be confronted by a human with a mantra "the system won't allow me to change it" when I pointed out it was a bad system and it need to be changed there was no reply.

Airbnb are building a mountain of bureaucracy and their system are becoming unfit for purpose. Don't get me started on not so smart pricing or their financial documentation...

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

Momi0
Level 10

@Cormac0   Hello,  I recently reached out ot ABB regarding an issue on my guests written 5 Star review and stars,  that I KNEW was wrong in ONE area, and while it took 14 days to get it corrected, it FINALLY did.  Airbnb reached out to the Australian guests who verified the mistake and Airbnb corrected it.  I even received a gift yesterday from the ABB Love Team thanking me for my incredible patience during this timeframe to get it fixed.  Can't wait to get my new yoga mat I chose from the list of goodies they offered as I will be leaving it for my guests to use to enjoy yoga at sunrise with me. 🙂

Oh and one more thing.....yes, it did take more then one phone call, because the first employee who I will call "Bad Mood Mary" I spoke with actually said NO, We Don't Do That ( and with a lot of hostility too)...and I said, "Well you are wrong, so I will write an email to headquarters!"

Which I did, and BAMN....4 few days later I was contacted by an AIRBNB CASE MANAGER who apologized to me for how that first rep "Bad Mood Mary" behaved and informed me she would be getting additional training and coaching on how to better handle these issues in the future. And yes, I did a survey ON THAT FIRST EMPLOYEE because ABB sent me one asking me how was my experience with 'Bad Mood Mary"....I was honest on that survey as I am with my 3 Star guests reviews too.  That employee was 100% wrong but definitely not the norm of what I get when I call in for other issues.  Most are A M A Z I N G staff members who I appreciate so much.  

EDITED TO ADD:  Don't give up my friend, I never do!  :))

Tish2
Level 2

Totally agree. I had one guest rate a 2 star stay. Never in a year and a half have I recieved and over all rating of less then 4 stars. She rated 2 because there was a 2-burner hotplate instead of a full stove and that she did not like that there were other cabins around. In two different areas, it clearly indicates the 2-burner hotplate. There was also a toaster oven, microwave and BBQ on the deck and one in the guest gathering hut. The pictures show the layout of the cabins and the opportunity to ask questions before booking is there. Yet I have a blemish on my rating because of a mean guest.

One guest complained there was no creamer and a 4 star for that. The creamer was in the refrigerator, along with yogurt, butter and eggs.

Where is the fairness in this or the the support for a deligent host?