Improve reminder email system to be helpful

Improve reminder email system to be helpful

The current email reminder system is clearly designed for someone who hosts on a very occasional basis, instead of someone who routinely hosts back-to-back guests. Some improvement suggestions:

• Content
    • Half the email is taken with a photo of MY house, I know what that looks like! 
    • Show me a guest photo and bio, or no photo at all. (Currently it shows MY bio photo.)
    • Number of guests is small and hard to find, yet this is useful
    • Host checklist is the same every time - recommending you change sheets and have breakfast. What if I don’t serve breakfast?
    • Recommended to have one set of reminder emails for new hosts, and a different template for people who’ve hosted more than 10 guests
  • Timing
    • The emails arrive sporadically, and sometimes multiple ones will arrive on the same day for different guests and dates. To be useful, I want to be reminded on a schedule of my choosing, and for them to arrive consistently.
  • Target
    • I’d love for my reminder emails to go to my cleaner. It needs to include: Arrival and departure dates, name of guests, how many guests. This should be configurable by email in the desktop client.

Most important: because of the sporratic timing of current reminder emails they are worse than useless. I can't rely on them to set an access code for guests, communicate with guests, or my cleaners. 

Similar to these:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/Turn-Off-Reservation-Reminders/idi-p/167735
https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/Turn-on-reminders-to-send-guests-access-information/idi-p...
https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/AirBnB-add-configurable-alerts-or-IFTTT-recipes-for-secon...

5 Comments
Fiona0
Level 5

I don't actually open these as there is nothing of use in the email and the reminder to make the bed just makes me cross.

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10

I agree with @Fiona0 in that the Airbnb emails are not of much value to me.  It sounds that you already have a well developed management approach of how a system of reminders would work well.  With the rapid growth of Airbnb, my personal opinion is that we (Hosts) can't expect Airbnb to give us MORE personal hands-on assistance.  Thousands of Hosts have dealt with Airbnb growing pains, including listing snafus, due to the rapid growth of this platform, so I'm just sharing that you might consider putting your great ideas to work for yourself.  

Fiona0
Level 5

Actually the fact that they send an email the day before is useful, just in case I've had a memory lapse and forgotten I have a booking.  But I don't open it.

Amy38
Level 10

@Will23. Sounds like you just need to open a hotel.  Abnb is  designed for the little guy.  

Tim209
Level 7

@Will23 We were having the same problem notifying our cleaners, so we wrote some software for ourselves that links to our airbnb and VRBO calendars and automatically schedules our cleaners. Anyway, we decided to release it to the public for free, so you might want to check it out - TurnoverBnB.com