Info for EVERY guest on a booking

Info for EVERY guest on a booking

During the phase where a guest completes their reservation please have them list info for EVERY guest. So if they have made a reservation for 6 people, they would be provided with 5 additional fields to list the names (I'd love to have age as well, but I'd settle for a name).   

This would also be an ideal place to add a note about this host does or does not allow additional unregistered guests on property 

There could also be a note here that says "notify your host if this guest list needs to change"

22 Comments
Lawrene0
Level 10

Good idea, @Kelly149. Along with the unregistered guests note could be a reminder about the general Airbnb policy of no third party bookings. Surprising the number of would-be bookers who miss that. 

Kelly149
Level 10

@Lawrene0 Great point. Anything we can do to correct issues prior to booking saves great headache for hosts & CS

Marzena4
Level 10

@Kelly149 @Lawrene0 Agreed and given full support from my side (sorry for lack of evaluation - work here)

Kimberly54
Level 10

Hello Kelly, I'm new (sorry)... I have the box checked for full verification of a guest, but don't see where extra guests would sign in.  Is this something that appears as an option once a guest has signed up?

Huma0
Level 10

I agree completely. Not sure why so many guests assume you don't need to know who will be staying in your home, but unfortuntely they do!

I agree completely. It would be very usefull, especially in cases when the person who books can not be in the group who check ins first. Or if he will not be able to come at all bc of getting sick or having visa issues or whatever but the rest of the group arrives.

Kimberly54
Level 10

Does this option (to register someone in addition to the person booking the room) become available only after the booking has happened? 

Kelly149
Level 10

@Kimberly54 

Hey kimberly, welcome! If you add the @@name like above the person you're referring to will receive an email (like the one you received here)

As to your guests, if they have abb profiles then the reserving guest can invite them to be added to the reservation . But there is no other method for listing the names of all guests. 

I require a rental contractand all names of guests but it would make sense for abb to create an entry box for this info 

Kelly149
Level 10

@@Lizzie please help fwd to...

@Alice and Jeff @Jann @@farah @annette @paul @Zacharias0

yall fwd to anyone else who you think would be interested??

Kimberly54
Level 10

@Kelly167

Thank you.

I have responded to AirBnB's offer for a mentor, but no one is available right now.  I'm not new to hosting (foreign students/professors--since I was a kid, plus I did a year in AFS/Japan in high school).  The cultural aspect is my primary interest here. 

I introduced the underwriters of my homeowners insurance directly to AirBnB, so everyone understands the rules. 

Back to the mentor thing... I believe I'm more than good to go, but there is the issue of neatly fitting into the system.  Would you possibly be available?  Maybe?  Fun, and low maintenance!