Instant Book Feature to limit future booking dates

Joseph136
Level 2
Tempe, AZ

Instant Book Feature to limit future booking dates

I would use Instant Book for all my properties but I only want it for guests planning to stay in the next 30 days or so.  I think it is a great feature for last minute and near term bookings.  The problem is if I turn it on guests can book one of my properties for a special event many months out before I have had the chance to set the rates.  I know that Airbnb would like more hosts to use the Instant Book feature for the guests conveyance but I would guess that there are more hosts that have the same issue with it that I do.  

8 Replies 8
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Joseph

The minimum one can corral the dates at the moment is, into three month blocks which in my opinion is to extended a range.

based on my empirically evidence, a one month range would be more appropriate so I support you request Joseph.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer’s Club Krakow III

The Explorer’s Club Krakow VIII

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

The only answer is to get the dates of events and go ahead and raise the prices ayear or more in advance.  Annual events fall within the same timeframe every year.....3rd wkend or 2nd wk of a given year..New Years Eve.....you can always  tweek the prices as you get closer to event.

Ou calendars go forward for years....I have prices adjusted through 2018 at this point. 

Kevin-And-Pat0
Level 3
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Try your best to block 3 month or later dates and/or  put them prices higher.A guest search me down and find the special weekend i left to low in price. But with Instant booking i am stuck. So I putting in the prices now so it not happen again.Or maybe click the daily price ,raise the prices to $1,000 a day and can reduce the prices later.

Supreeya0
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

Yes, I agree.  Set the daily price to your highest event rate, then you won't be in danger of people taking advantage of the calendar opening before you see it.  Then you can adjust the prices down as the dates open up.

Belinda55
Level 10
Bundeena, Australia

It is a juggle to have a limited calendar (3 months, or 6 months) but have to jump on immediately new dates open to adjust pricing. If I adjust pricing beforehand, it automatically opens the dates. I would like to:

1. Add instant book selectively at the time of adding prices to the calendar

2. Be able to set seasonal rates without affecting the calendar limit (eg set xmas prices more than 6 months ahead, so it is already there when the calendar opens.

Other platforms offer many more options for pricing, exceptions, cancellations etc.

Mimi13
Level 7
Union Pier, MI

My area is primarily beach vacations in the summer. I don't try to book more than one season ahead, "snoozing" my listings near the end of the year, although I do open bookings on Jan.1 for that year. But I also book on craigslist when the local nuclear plant shuts down for refueling (1-3 months some falls and/or springs). I had the same problem of needing to continually reblock rooms as the calendar moved ahead. I resolved this by setting my rooms as available for a year, then blocked those during the refueling, than changed back to 6 months in the future. Now when those fall dates are within 6 months, they are still blocked.

Kees6
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

I wonder why instant booking can't be limited to say 4 weeks, that would solve all problems. An instant booking feature is surely not required for those who want to book months ahead.

Another question is how to contact airbnb directly?

Does any one know?

many thanks

Vron0
Level 1
Kilkelly, Ireland

I too would prefer a 4 week window. Very frustrating when a guest wants to instantly book 3 months in advance at the current winter rate! Come on Airbnb please can you do something to help hosts solve this frustrating problem.