Instant Book should remain an OPTION for hosts, not mandatory.

Instant Book should remain an OPTION for hosts, not mandatory.

For hosts who like to use Instant book, then this is a good system for them. However, I like to know who is coming into my home, but more importantly, the room is not always avaialble for use as Airbnb accommodation. I have friends and family who come and stay with me, or I go away. I need to be able to  control of the spaces in my house and who I share with...

12 Comments
Akosua0
Level 2

I agree. I concur with her rationale 

Cathy65
Level 10

Absolutely! My home is not a hotel. I am screening guests carefully, as I am an older woman. Could not deal with being forced to accept reservations blind.

Régine12
Level 5

Je suis aussi d' accord. La formule est bonne pour les guest mais je trouve qu' en tant qu' hôte, je devrai avoir 2 h. pour confirmer le termps de vérifier le profil et surout les avis de précédents hôtes.

Vanessa16
Level 2
Instant book is optional.
Cathy65
Level 10

Vanessa, apparently IB is mandatory for new hosts, and there has been great pressure to use it. HORRIBLE idea, and hosts would leave in droves. I could not deal with being forced to accept random guests with no screening.

Jenny91
Level 2

I like it but you have to be VERY careful to make sure you make dates unavailable on your calendar and ALWAYS check Airbnb and block the dates BEFORE you accept anyone else. I got in a mess a few weeks ago because two requests came in simultaneously. I accepted the first one, then found Airbnb had already booked another person in. I had to cancel Airbnb's guest and they have put a note on my page saying  I cancelled a booking 18 days before it was due to start. This, although I cancelled within minutes of them booking. I thought that was very harsh and it makes it look as if I cancelled a longstanding booking at short notice. 

Antoinette10
Level 2

It is optional and you can use it or not by just clicking the setting. It was not mandatory for me even when i was a new host.

Wyatt
Host Voice Admin
Status changed to: Popular

The status of this Idea has been changed to Popular. Ideas that receive 20 or more Thumbs up from the community within the first 7 days of being published become Popular. The Popular Ideas with the most Thumbs Up are reviewed closely by the Airbnb product team. In reviewing these Ideas, the original post and comments from the community will be considered. Thank you for taking the time to submit a thoughtful Idea that resonates with the community.

Absolutely! Force me to Instant Book, and I'm gone. The appeal of Airbnb is the ability to have a little dialogue with guests and get a feel for who's a good match for our quirky space. 

Rachel194
Level 2

My house is a home, not a hotel.  I travel frequently for work and need to have some measure of when and how I will accept bookings and to ensure that it's a good fit.  I am going to deactivate my listing if AirBnb persists in devaluing their brand which used to be something. It's ridiculous that by default a guest only sees IB hosts and would have to know what it meant if they saw the little tag where it's possible to remove that filter.