Instant Book should remain an OPTION for hosts, not mandatory.

Instant Book should remain an OPTION for hosts, not mandatory.

For hosts who like to use Instant book, then this is a good system for them. However, I like to know who is coming into my home, but more importantly, the room is not always avaialble for use as Airbnb accommodation. I have friends and family who come and stay with me, or I go away. I need to be able to  control of the spaces in my house and who I share with...

12 Comments
ChuckandCarole0
Level 7

Airbnb certainly says we are not forced to use IB.....but unconscionably, many prospective guests have the IB filter on their computers by default without ever realizing this.....so if you are not on IB and the guests don't manually uncheck that filter......guess what......your listing won't even show for them.....very bad for hosts, but then the prospective guests don't even get to see all the wonderful listings that are offered. 

ChuckandCarole0
Level 7

Yes Rachel, Airbnb certainly says we are not forced to use IB.....but as you know,  many prospective guests have the IB filter on their computers by default, without ever realizing this.....so if your listing is not using IB, and the guests don't manually uncheck that filter......guess what......your listing won't even show for them.....very bad for hosts, but then the prospective guests don't even get to see all the wonderful listings that are offered.  airbnb continues to say " Host the Way you want to" as they continue to limit how our listings show up......its very sad and scarey, to all of us who have been airbnb ambassadors as hosts, now getting short shrift. it seems Antoinette from above, may not have realized how it was set up that the IB filter was on, as a default.