Lack of Air B&B support/response to host issues

Lack of Air B&B support/response to host issues

Your support is severely lacking. I have had an ongoing issue which has been reported twice to your FOL staff and via numerous emails, etc.  My customers for the past two weeks have been under the wrong impression on my pricing structure.  You KNOW what the problem is - now show me the mustard and FIX it.  And at the very least call me back, as I've been waiting for 2 weeks for a CALL BACK by your management team.  Talk about lack of customer care and incompetence. Not impressed, Air B&B.

12 Comments
Maripaz0
Level 2

Here in the Philippines, we have no one from  Air B&B to talk to on the phone for help. Everything has to be done through the website/computer.  I am registered also in  Agoda, and they do provide a lot of assistance via phone.  An account executive is assigned to each of us partners. That's the reason I get so many bookings from them vs. Air B&B.  I wish you would consider providing human help to us.

Anne139
Level 4

It is the same in Colorado.  I dont think AIR BNB cares about the HOSTS anymore.  Guests can say anything they like but our voice is so limited through the way AIR BNB is operating with us Hosts.

Guests can ruin our good standing with one comment.....we get to reply to the guest BUT THE DAMAGE IS ALREADY DONE>

We need to be able to contact AIR BNB when we have SITUATIONS with challenging guests WHEN they are staying NOT AFTER THEY ARE GONE>....

They need to step up for sure.

I am sure there is another company out there just waiting to get the business & at this stage I would seriously consider leaving AIR BNB>

Anne Kelly . COLORADO

Rhonda-Lee0
Level 2

Hi Anne, I have to wonder if they are monitoring this thread even!  They have yet to address my immediate concern. I have recently purchased a new, larger B&B and am going to erase my profile on Air B&B, unless I get a response from them in the next 3 business days. This is with NO intention of reinstating with the new B&B (in a super-fast turnaround town in ON). THEIR LOSS!

best,
RL

Karen219
Level 1

I am a superhost which is hard earned with air bnb.

Host or superhost we expect to be supported.

I complained to airbnb over 3 weeks ago about my site being hacked and the wrong info melded into my site - They told me to delist it which I did and after many phone calls and promises NOTHING has been done to fix this. The "trust and Safety team" are too busy with more important problems!!! They have not called back or fixed it.

I am not getting guests.

People who booked before I delisted the site are still being sent incorrect information about my site.

so ----Big problems for hosts

A. It is so hard to even find the email to get help (real help)

B.The response delay is appalling.

C. It looks like airbnb do not care enough about the folks who are making them money.

Maybe it is time to leave?

KK

Hope other hosts will follow suit.

KK

Ana-and-David0
Level 7

I have 2 cases with the safety team  and another one in the resolution center escalated a month ago to Airbnbt. None of them have been solved.. and this started over a month ago. They basically told me "we can't tell you why , but the guests need to leave in two hours" They left, but with them all of my keys. I had to change 4 locks in my houes because of this and airbnb has been unresponsive for more than a month in my case. I am over $700 dollars out, just with this issue + 1k between the other 2 cases also pending which are cover just with the security deposit. ALL OF THEM pending also from a month ago!!! I had call, I had sent emails in multiple ocatioons more than 10  and nothing no response whats so ever. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Candace14
Level 2

I have three places on Airbnb and have decided to stop hosting due to the lack of support.  Airbnb do not care about their host and as a result will find that there are less people willing to open up their home to guest.  I had a guest cancel his reservation on the day of his check in and he was given a full refund.  I was never notified of this cancellation.  Recieving help from Airbnb has been a nightmare.  There are other website where you can list your home such as VRBO.  

Candace14
Level 2

By the way there is no one checking this forum because that would mean that Airbnb cared about there host and protecting them the same way that they protect their guest.  

Rhonda-Lee0
Level 2

Exactly.  It was August when I had all this go down, and they have the audacity to send me surveys and things to let them know how I feel about them. Well, I have relocated and purchased a New B&B with more earning potential, and they will see my backside walking away from their so-called service. This is exactly why so many PROFESSIONAL associations will not tolerate use of this system by PROFESSIONAL operators. What a lot of BS!

Rhonda-Lee0
Level 2

PS. Thanks for the tip re: VRBO. I 'll look into them.