Location Rating

Dennis147
Level 3
San Jose, CA

Location Rating

I do not believe that Location should be a "starred rating" as it currently is--especially now that hosts can share the exact location of their listing.  Guests should be responsible for booking a listing that fits their location needs and not blame it on the host by down-rating the listing in the star-rating system if they are unhappy with the location.  Rather, Location should be a comment-style rating.  In other words, there should be a blank into which the guest can write a comment regarding the location as part of the routine review process.  In that comment blank, the guest can feel free to make comments about the location.  This method will make the location rating more relevant, meaningful, and specfic and have more value to everyone involved.

6 Replies 6
Julie10
Level 6
Pittsburgh, PA

Completely agree.  I think many people use "location" more to critique "neighborhood/condition of neighborhood".  Many super desirable areas of Pittsburgh where I host are still undergoing gentrification.  I mention this in the listing and show pictures of the neighborhood, but some people still ding me on the location rating.  Allowing people to comment about the location/neighborhood is better than a rating.

YES PLEASE!!! I am nearly a 5-star superhost! 93% of the time I have 5 stars the only 4 stars I receive is for location, I cannot move my house, the guest booked so they shouldn't downgrade me for something I cannot change.

Diana Pfalmer
Ruth178
Level 2
Pirongia, New Zealand

I agree -unfair to be scored down for location when there is nothing you can do to change it.

Kira5
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

I agree! The pros and cons of my location are identified in my listing and guests are responsible for the decision they make - not I. 

Carol407
Level 4
St. Louis, MO

My guest gave public feedback that he loved the location, then gave me 4 stars on location?  He is from my city, used to live in the neighborhood, and when booking said he was visiting friends and needed a place to stay in the neighborhood.  Perhaps a mouse slip, or a computer glitch going on?  I have 5 stars on everything else.   Airbnb, as a retired IT professional, you may have a random flaw in your feedback capture software.  

Barbara88
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

If a host is given 5 Stars for "Accuracy", then it is entirely illogical for them to rate "location" with 4 stars. It's their responsibility, as it is mine when I book, to book where you want. If said location presents flaws the host doesn't reveal (or know about), the guest can send that message in other ways. It's completely illogical.