Make your fees more transparent for all

Erinne0
Level 3
Toronto, Canada

Make your fees more transparent for all

Some suggestions:

- Please make it possible for hosts to view the same statement of charges that the guest sees, showing the guest's breakdown of charges, so that we can communicate transparently with them. I need to know if they can see the per night charge (same as what I see) separate from the airbnb fee. And even more important, please standardize and make transparent the algorithms you use to calculate your fee for the guest and your fee for the host. Just make it transparent for all, and consistent for every reservation. Right now when helping guests make changes, I have to say "airbnb charges a fee too and I don't know how that affects your total." It's really unprofessional.

- I think you know already that many home share hosts hate the instant book feature, and I realize you don't care - I never get anything but pushback on this - so I'll keep my suggestion really simple and hope this one is attainable: Please stop "reminding" us that we can turn on instant book. WE KNOW and if we haven't responded to your first two or three (or 50) reminders, chances are we are choosing consciously NOT to allow strangers into our homes overnight - where we live - without having them introduce themselves first. I get that you will continue to push us down to the bottom of the listings and eventually let vacation rentals and multi-property owners squeeze out the homeshare community and alter your brand completely - all I ask is that you please just turn off the reminders once we have declined. It's a little thing, but it would make updating our calendars less frustrating, and maybe slow the erosion of goodwill toward airbnb amongst us home-sharers.

0 Replies 0