Minimum stay must include both weekend nights.

Minimum stay must include both weekend nights.

Could we please have a feature on the Availabiity setting to require bookings on a Friday or Saturday to include both nights? Hosts miss out on weekend only bookings because guests can book Thursday to Friday or Saturday to Monday , leaving only one weekend night available for potential guests. The feature should be expanded to include the option of a Friday and Saturday night , not just Friday or Saturday night.  

4 Comments
Marie21
Level 10

Excellent i found myself with always 1 friday or saturday empty

Susan377
Level 3

I have this same issue and hope that airbnb will simply add this to its booking requirement options.  In the meantime I guess that there is no alternative but to put something in the the description and in the pre booking rules sections to alert potential guests to this requirement. Then if they do not meet that requirement, presumably hosts won't be penalized for declining or canceling a booking.

Catherine137
Level 3

This has been floating around for a while.  I really hope this change gets pushed through soon.  My weekends are a higher price and more desirable to most.  In the meantime, I have set Thursdays to the same price as the weekend.  I then set a 2 day min with check in on Friday.  Here is how to do it.

1-Go to your listing 

2-manage listing

3-Availability

4-Trip length- edit

5-Scroll to bottom and click add another requirement

6-Enter dates- trip length 2 - must check in on Friday

***Example***

"During September 7, 2017 – September 9, 2017, guests stay for minimum 2 nights.  They can only check in on Fridays."

This is not fool proof.  Even with this setting someone can book Thursday to Saturday which is why I set Thursday to the higher weekend price.  Once someone books the weekend, I lower the price for Thursday back to the weekday price.  This is the best work around that I can come up with until they make a change.  Hopefully the will!
Travis37
Level 2

I would really like to have a setting where guests cannot checkout/checkin on a Saturday too. My cleaner charges a higher rate for weekends and I also find myself having to organize last min turnovers.