More Specific Parking Options within Amenities

More Specific Parking Options within Amenities

Right now potential guests only have the ability to see whether or not hosts offer "free parking on premises". Adding another option like "pay parking available onsite" (amongst others) would be benificial to host and guest. I think this is certainly an amenity many potential guests would care to know about (and would also cut out having to ask if a host offers parking onsite, as not having free parking on premises clearly doesn't preclude having some form of parking available). 

8 Comments

We used to have guests park in our driveway. Now we have them park in the street in front of our home. So I removed free parking on premises because the street is not our property. I agree the parking options could be more numerous. For now, we can put it in our descriptions. 

Alina9
Level 9

I would also like to be able to specify if secure parking is available because we have a lot of guests who ask for secure parking versus parking in the street

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Nik6
Level 3

We offer PAID private garage secure parking on-site. There needs to be an added amenity that states at least: Paid parking on premises.

Although I have this info written in the body of my description twice, I frequently have guests believing that the parking garage is free/included in the price.  Please add this amenity to your list, thank you.   

Daniel339
Level 1

Free parking on street is a searchable amenity for a guest, but there is no way to list that as an amenity on our listing. We happen to be in one of the rare parts of the cities with ample free street parking and that's a real selling point, but when we search using that criterea, only one lucky soul comes up for the city and it's not us!

Jeff-and-David0
Level 1
We have the same problem as Daniel. Loads of parking on the street in front of our house, but we have no way to indicate that in our listing. C'mon AirBnB, don't create filters for things that you don't let hosts offer!
Jason91
Level 3

This would be so helpful!

- Free parking garage/covered

- Free parking driveway/on site

- Free parking street

- Paid parking garage/covered

- Paid parking driveway/onsite

- Paid parking street

Can you think of any other options?

Jemine0
Level 1

Hi guys

So I have a guest who checked in yesterday and claims to have had their car towed by the police today.

My place is in the downtown area of Boston and is an apartment on beacon hill, a colonial style area with small streets.

Parking is for the most part residential and as I don't drive in Boston, I never bother with parking,  as there is ample public transportation. 

I did let the guest know before hand of the only lot I known that charges ofcourse,  somewhere close by and that the place has no parking.

They apparently charge $50/3hours.

He says he then found street parking and has bis car taken away.

He's furious and is asking for a refund. 

I'm a bit confused.

Am I really to blame ?

Thanks

Relatively new to airbnb